Okuma Tundra Rods

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by bubbajum, Feb 13, 2006.

1. bubbajum

bubbajum New Member

State:
    Monongahel
    Hello

This is my first post, so here it goes.

I am thinking about getting a Okuma Tundra rod, but befor I do that could I get some info on it. The good and bad if any.:)

2. 1stpalindrone

1stpalindrone New Member

State:
    Denton, Texas
    Bubbajum-
    Don't know about the Tundra but bought an Okuma Finchaser spincast combo about two years ago. Great two-piece rod, I think from K-mart, that has not given my any troubles. I had to replace the 12lb. line that came on it cause it was just no bueno. After the line change to an upper class 12lb line, it landed a 30+ lb Tarpon off of the Tortuga Islands out of a kayak, best fight I ever had.. For the under 50$ price tag I figure they are well worth it.. Just my 5cents:cool:

Lucas

3. wpsatisfide

wpsatisfide New Member

State:
    Pawleys Island, SC
    :0a25: to the boc gregg

4. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    Bubba

A big WELCOME ABOARD Bubba!

That should be a real nice rod sir. I have the Okuma "Longitude" in a 10' Heavy Action, 2-8 oz Lure Weight. I bankfish and have 4 other lesser rods and the Okuma is my favorite by far. It can handle the 6 oz sinkers along with the bigger baits and still cast very well. They have the large guides on the "Longitude" I bought last year for $40 and not the cheaper smaller ones. The "Longitude" has a longer butt which I did not like till the first time I used her. It helps when casting heavy weight MUCH MUCH better. The long butt also keeps yours hands higher on the rod when fighting Mr. Shovelhead as you have alot more leverage with a longer butt. If I need another Surf Spin I'd get the "Longitude" again. The Tundra SHOULD be real nice too but would see if it has the same features a the cheaper "Longitude".

Bubba I hope this helps you out. If there is anything I can do to help just ask plz. I fish the Flatties one mile down the Ohio River from PA. If you could post your city in your profile it may help others when they post in the furture.

WELCOME AGAIN

5. bigsammy

bigsammy New Member

State:
    Poteau ok
    Welcome Bubbajum.I don't own such a rod,but I can tell ya about the ones I own(good and bad)if you'd like.Just pm me and I'll help where I can.:cool:

6. catfishbill33

catfishbill33 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, TN
    bubba,
    I dont know about that rod ,but i was at bass pro today and looking at some bigcat rods and they do look enticeing.40-50 dollar range

7. bubbajum

bubbajum New Member

State:
    Monongahel
    Hey

Thanks everyone for the nice welcome:thumbsup: . This is a great web site and I am really enjoying it. There is another site that I go to often, it’s not a fishing site but archery, I am a bow hunter to, if anyone is in to archery the “bowsite” is one of the best.

As for the Okuma rods go, I still welcome any info.:0a31:

8. stickthrower

stickthrower New Member

State:
    Possum Kingdom Lk, TX
    I have three Okuma 9'Heavy action rods rated for 20-50# line. Mounted ABU 7001HS reels on them and love them? I paid about $35.00 each for mine. Also have a 7 1/2' MH rod with a ABU 6501C3 mounted on it & love it's casting ability also. I really like how the 9' rod cast & feel with a bigun on the line! Haven't found any "Cons" to date with either one,:)

Frank

9. bubbajum

bubbajum New Member

State:
    Monongahel