Okuma Epixor or Metaloid spinning reel good?

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by fishinnstudyin, Jan 19, 2007.

1. fishinnstudyin

fishinnstudyin New Member

State:
    MO
    I'm looking into buying a channel fish spinning reel and I notice that the Okuma Epixor and metaloid are quite affordable new on ebay... are they good reels? i saw some reviews online and they seemed to like both those reels but I don't know why Cabelas or Bass Pro stocks the Metaloid and if its sold at a store, its usually on sale? Does anyone have any of these reels and can they tell me how they are?

2. dafin

dafin New Member

State:
    Manhattan,Kan
    I have used 2 of the Okuma Epixor (EB80) for two years, I have not had any problems with them.

3. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Okuma makes a nice reel. I have heard good thing about them.

4. rambilt

rambilt New Member

State:
    Texas
    I have one EF-15, two EF-20 and one

5. rambilt

rambilt New Member

State:
    Texas
    Sorry I accidentally clicked the submit button. Anyway as I was saying, I have one EF-15, two EF-20 and one EF-30. I bought them from Ebay 4 years ago. I practically do less or no maintenance with these reels and they still function like new. But they are kind of heavy. The new model which has an "a" designator at the end of the model number is lighter. Check out Cabelas the old models are on sell. Good luck!

6. fishinnstudyin

fishinnstudyin New Member

State:
    MO
    Bought an Okuma EF-80 new for less than half off. It holds 310 yards of 25 lb mono. I'm just wondering if I should spool it with my Big Game 30 or 40 lb line for big blue and flathead fishing on the missouri and mississippi. I read somewhere that putting more than 25 lb monofilament on a spinning reel makes it cast terribly, but I only have about 150 lbs left of my 30 lb big game and i still have an unused 40 lb spool. I recently spooled my Penn 210 with about 250 yards of 30 lb line, should I put it on the Okuma Epixor and put 40 lb mono on the Penn 210 instead?

7. rambilt

rambilt New Member

State:
    Texas
    I think 25lb mono is good enough for that reel. Just make sure you set the drag appropriately.

8. Snake Charmer

Snake Charmer New Member

State:
    Ca/Nv/Az
    I have a 65 saltwater, and 45 fresh!.(both baitfeeders)..I'm sold on the Okuma line!...It's the Only spinning reel I'll use now! :smile2: