Okuma epixor eb65

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by bigredsbbq, Jul 1, 2006.

1. bigredsbbq

bigredsbbq New Member

State:
    Illinois
    went down to my local baitshop this morning and made a impuse buy on this realy nice reel it is a Okuma Epixor EB65 with the baitrunner I had been checking it out for a couple weeks even went to catfish connection a couple of weeks ago to buy one but the bait shop had em cheaper so I left there with a penn 220 gto
    so now I got to get a nice spinner rod for the okuma would love to order a gator rod might just end up getting another ugly stick tiger they are a nice rod I'm wanting 7'6" med heavy
    what do you guys think what kinda rod would you put on this monster of a reel maybe I'll get a qoute from gator anyways just to cure the curiosity
    Trevor

Attached Files:

2. tbartek

tbartek New Member Supporting Member

State:
    New Germany, PA
    Trevor, I have the same reel mounted on a "Creekside Fishing" Catfish series rod from Gander Mountain. If you have a Gander Mountain handy its a heck of a rod for about $15. It has great action and hauls in the big ones with no problems.:0a26:

3. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    those are some great reels! i bought two Okuma "Avengers" this spring, only difference between yours and mine are bearings (yours has more) and materials the gears are made of. of course i had to buy the cheepies:big_smile:

4. dafin

dafin New Member

State:
    Manhattan,Kan
    I have 2 EB80s, I have not had a problem with them.

5. bigredsbbq

bigredsbbq New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I'm leaning now towards the ugly stick tiger lite 7ft heavy 14-40 lb

6. HOPPY4

HOPPY4 New Member

State:
    Waldorf MD
    Red, I also have the EB-80 Okuma reels and LOVE them. They are used for both Fresh and Salt water applications. They are smooth and have the Backbone to work a heavy fish or multiple fish on a patternosta rig with 4 hooks and the weight. You will be Very Happy with your purchase and may go back for another one. JMHO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOPPY4

7. Boss Hogg

Boss Hogg New Member

State:
    Yellow Springs, Ohio
    The Jim Moyer Boss rod is the only way to go man. Those things are premium.

8. bigredsbbq

bigredsbbq New Member

State:
    Illinois
    this is a spinning reel I looked at the boss rods there all casting unless theres something I'm missing

9. ohiohawghunter45067

ohiohawghunter45067 New Member

State:
    Trenton, Ohio
    you cant go wrong with an okuma. there are nice and very durable reels.

10. catchinghogs

catchinghogs Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Check out St Croix I have 2 of thier spinnings rods paired up with my baitrunners.Six foot six rods extra heavy power fast action.

11. bigredsbbq

bigredsbbq New Member

State:
    Illinois
    finaly got to get this reel on the water I matched it up with a ugly stick tiger lite 7ft Heavy 14-40lb line rateing at first glance I thought this reel was to large for the rod but I got it seated on the pole and it seems alright but casting this thing was like wow it was like casting my 10 ft surf rod you could easily throw it a country mile Its a great addition to my arsonal

12. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have one of thos reels, I would put it on a ugly stik tiger.