Okuma Epixor baitrunner

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by readingcatfisher, Oct 23, 2009.

1. readingcatfisher

readingcatfisher New Member

State:
    Berks coun
    I would like to get some feedback on this reel before I take the plunge and order myself one I am very happy with my other Okuma reels very strong and durable.Any reports on this reel would be helpful Thanks in advance guys :wink:

2. readingcatfisher

State:
    Berks coun
    I am very happy with my other Okuma reels I have Avenger 65 size baitrunners they served me well I just thought an Epixor with 10 bearings would be smoother one drawback is less line capacity but I don't try to cast a mile anyway I wanted the thoughts of someone who owns one to get their input

3. dafin

dafin New Member

State:
    Manhattan,Kan
    I use okuma expixor reels . I have two EB80s and one EB65, I have not had a problem in the several years I have used them.The reels are smooth and have good drags.Both sizes hold more than enough 20# mono.

4. readingcatfisher

State:
    Berks coun
    Do yours have the baitrunners?If so how are the clickers?

5. dafin

dafin New Member

State:
    Manhattan,Kan
    They are bait runners , I would not call the bait runner a clicker as they don't make noise like a bait caster. The bait runner works off at own drag , not a cog and dog like a bait caster

6. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

My wife had 1 epixor,no problems,very smooth reel.Right now she uses 4 of the cabelas Saltstriker baitfeeders.Same reel,different paint job.Had em apart side by side.Save yourself a couple bucks Jim.:wink:

7. readingcatfisher

State:
    Berks coun
    Catfish connection has em pretty cheap I think I'm gonna get an american spirit nite stick from them as well thanks to the advice of a good friend Lenny:wink:

8. KansasKatCatcher

KansasKatCatcher Active Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ka
    Check out the Okuma Coronado (The A Series. That is gray with the Gold Handle.It look like it has all of the features as the Okuma Salina.But it cost about 15 bucks more than the Epixor.You can find them on Ebay for about $90 bucks new.Its also on their website.

9. rosscatman

rosscatman Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I have a couple of abf 90's .What are the difference betwen them and the epixor?

10. PaJay-p

PaJay-p Guest

Pats right I have them both and they're just different name and paint.

11. KansasKatCatcher

KansasKatCatcher Active Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ka
    The Epixor has a waterproof drag and larger drag washers.It also has more bearings and a aluminum frame.

12. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

The regular Epixor has an aluminum body,the Epixor baitfeeder has a graphite body.

13. Branj796

Branj796 Member

State:
    Illinois
    I have and love okuma spinners. You can't go wrong. The drag is smooth. The reel is built sturdy. The bait click is awesome and easily adjusts to fishing conditions. I wouldn't have an concerns of quality.

14. astrochelman

astrochelman New Member

State:
    indiana
    i have had two of them and i love them i use them on pike and catfish naver had a problem with i would love to have more of them i have the okuma rod to go with them 12 longitube ex and i love it and going to bye more when i get a deal on them just want to say thanks