Okuma Epixor Baitfeeder Reels or Shakespeare Tidewater Freeliner Spinning Reel?

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by HUSKER77, Jan 27, 2006.

1. HUSKER77

HUSKER77 New Member

State:
    IRVING, TX
    I JUST WANTED SOME OPINIONS ON THE BEST CHOICE BETWEEN THE Okuma Epixor Baitfeeder Spinning Reels or Shakespeare Tidewater Freeliner Spinning Reel. I WANT TO PURCHASE A NEW SPINNING REEL AND WANT YA'LLS OPINION ON THESE TWO REELS.
    THANK YOU!!!

2. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have both, the Okuma wins by a large margin in my book..The Okuma has a much better drag system, and is a smoother reel. It's more expensive however so it should be better.

3. jaybird

jaybird New Member

I have 2 50l tidewaters and 2 classic Okuma reels. I like the okuma reels the best they are lighter and smother. Bigest thing you can do to make any of them last longer is lossen your star drag all the way up when the reel is not in use. Your drag will be smooth and last for a long time.

4. the_nis

the_nis Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    I have three Okuma Epixor Baitrunners and I love them. They are smooth as can be and have a great drag system. The only problem I have with them is that the baitclicker isn't loud enough in my opinion. Yeah they are a bit pricey but I'd say its worth it overall.

5. HOPPY4

HOPPY4 New Member

State:
    Waldorf MD
    As I do not own a Shakespeare I will give you the list of things I like about the Okuma EB series. First of all, I can say that your purchase of the EB series will not have you wishing later that you had not. Secondly, I do not compare many type of reels with the Shimano name, but this firm has arrived to give concerrance. The price will have you wondering as to the quality until you actually use one. I Love mine and I own 2 of the EB-80s and do not hesitate to use them for Salt and Freshwater. JMHO!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOPPY4