Okuma Coronado - What do ya'll think!

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by JustCats, Jul 1, 2006.

1. JustCats

JustCats Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I have been wanting to try the Coronado but I couldn't find the Deal that I was looking for. Looked on ebay no luck there. Went to dinner last night and afterward the wife, of course, wanted to shop a little. She dropped me off at Dick's Sporting Goods. I went directly to the fishing equipment just to look, of course, and lo and behold there was the Okuma Coronado CD50. It had been marked down to $59.95. I was looking at it and the clerk says "Oh by the way, that's on sale for an extra 25% off the red tag". Needless to say I left with my new reel spooled up with Big Game @ no charge. I am anxious to try it out, probably tomorrow afternoon, to see how it does. I put it on a 7 ft. Ugly Stik Intercoastal to try it. Just wanted to see what some of ya'll think about the reel.

Tony

2. ohiohawghunter45067

ohiohawghunter45067 New Member

State:
    Trenton, Ohio
    im going to my local dicks sporting good store. thats an awesome deal, i have the corridas the cornonda replaced them if im not mistaken they are great reels.

3. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

sounds like you got a pretty good deal on the reel I just don't much care for them. A lot of the guys here like them thoough. My problem with them wasn't that big of a deal it all stemmed from the drag it wasn't very smooth and had felt washers that didnt hold up very well. But this is just my experience and I know a couple of guys that swear by them.

4. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    I love them. I have several 90's. They are my favorite reel i've used (except for a Penn Spinfisher 6500, but i don't have 150 bucks laying around for a reel, stupid college tuition). I do not think you will be disappointed at all. i've had them hold up great on 40 pound blues and 30 pound flats and a buddy caught a 65 pound blue on his and it worked marvelously.

5. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Tony.I think that you got a real good deal on a great reel.You can order X-tra spools,complete with drag from Okuma for a reasonable price.Pick a rod with a wide line rating range,the X-tra spools and you have a wide range of fishing that you can do with one outfit.peewee-williams

6. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    It' good to hear such fine remarkes about the Okuma Coronado. I will get mine soon when I get to DH's house. I am going to spool it with 40# Big Game High Test. Hope I can test the drag! lol

7. dklark

dklark New Member

State:
    va.
    haven't had any trouble with mine

8. dklark

dklark New Member

State:
    va.
    see spinning reels anyone ??? thread