Okuma Convector

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by barefootarkie, May 30, 2006.

1. barefootarkie

barefootarkie New Member

State:
    central Ar
    I purchased an Okuma Convector CV30L from Academy Sports for $49+tax. Am very pleased with it. Put it on a 7' Ugly Stick. Landed a 12lb flathead first time out. Smoothness and casting exceeded my expectations. Hard to beat for the money. Afraid my Penn 209's will have to take a back seat.

Jimmy

2. HOPPY4

HOPPY4 New Member

State:
    Waldorf MD
    barefootarkie, I was waiting until someone else had made comments on this reel. I have 2 of them and will be using them for the first time on the 15th. of June while in Norway. I will post a review of the trip and also a review of the equipment being used when I return. I do think that the reels are well worth the investment. The Okumas that I have used in the past have all been Great pieces of workmanship and I am Happy that I have made the purchases. JMHO!!!!!!

HOPPY4

3. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    Want to part with those 209's????????????????

4. barefootarkie

barefootarkie New Member

State:
    central Ar

I believe I'll hang on to them, but thanks for asking. I have 3 but took one of them apart for cleaning. That was 3 months ago. There is a tiny dog spring that is giving me fits on reassembly. Well, at least I have something to do on rainy days.LOL! Jimmy

5. HOPPY4

HOPPY4 New Member

State:
    Waldorf MD
    I wrote earlier that I found this reel to be Fantastic! This is an UNDER statement by all means. The reel has the cranking power to handle anything that you will ever use it for in Fresh Water and most of the shore fishing and jigging that salt water fishing will throw at it. I don't say go trolling for shark, but you might be able to work one if the boat is worked properly. I just say that they are Great pieces of equipment. While in Norway, I was able to fish the Catalina and found that it was an Exceptional reel as well. I am not casting any distance and find that the level wind is better for me. Okuma is a GOOD name and thus far, they have proven to be well worth the money spent and MORE!!!!! JMHO!!!!!!!!!

HOPPY4

6. whiskerchaser

whiskerchaser New Member

State:
    New Mexico
    everyone has pretty much said what was on my mind. They beat me to it.