Okuma Convector Series

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by Ace Laserna, Oct 23, 2007.

1. Ace Laserna

Ace Laserna New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I demolished one of my Abu 6500C3's at the JRCC tourny last Sunday and I needed a replacement. If you break, might as well upgrade right? I ended up ordering an Abu 7000iC3. While I'm at it I figure I might as well get 2 more reels since I only have 3.

Right now I am using an Abu 10000 Big Game, 6500C3 and the 7000iC3 on order. The funds won't allow 2 more 7000's so I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the Okuma convector series CV-30C? I can get 2 of these for the price of 1 7000. I'm looking for a sturdy reel with a ratio around 4:1.

I'm an Abu man myself, but I just can't afford to buy 2 more right now.

MAN! These Big Blues are like an addiction. Bass fishing on Lake Anna will never be the same again. LOL

What do y'all think?

-Ace

2. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I own 6 Okuma reels and love them all. I have 2 Convector reels a cv20l and a cv55l. I use the 20 for large carp and stripers, the 55 is for the ocean. Ive never had a problem with them.

3. grandfisher

grandfisher Member

State:
    missouri
    I have a CV30L and I'm really impressed with it. I primarily use Abu or Penn. I was skeptical of a chinese reel. However, I must say, that this reel will actually outcast my Abu 6500. I spool Berkeley Big Game Solar in 40# test on the Okuma and it will really get it out there. It's a 3 bearing reel. The big handle takes some getting used to. The only problem I've had with it is the brake. I had to take the brake adjustment nob off and put a little plastic shim in there to make the brake work like I wanted it to. Overall, I'm very satisfied with this reel.

4. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Ace
    What actually happened to your 6500? Is it squashed or something?

5. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    I really like the pflueger contender G30. its about the same price as the okuma. you should check um out:wink:

6. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    What was the reason for the demolition?