Okuma CL-200L

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by laidbck111, Aug 10, 2006.

1. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I am about to purchase one of these reels via ebay and was wondering if anyone had any insight are experience with this model. What little I know about Okuma products I have learned here and it seems to be a love it are hate it product line. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

2. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    I have the Okuma 400LX model and love it to death! Big Goorge set it up with a bigger fighting handle and it is awsome. They make a good quality reel all around.

3. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

thanks brother, at 16 dollars I don't see how I could go wrong to begin with. I just wanted to know what others thought.

4. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Well I just bought the reel. I hope it does me right are it may be sold soon after.

5. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

OK guys and gals, I have had the chance to fish with this reel and I found that it was worth what I paid for it 8.00 dollars with 8.00 shipping. It is an ok reel but the clicker has already gone out and I have had to tear the reel aprt to get the brake adjuster to work. The clicker needs to be replaced it is shot. So I am issueing my opinion this reel is not up to par. I will not buy another 200-Classic made by Okuma. The other reels may be better but this one is sub-par.

6. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Sorry to hear that, I quess that model is a sub standard one. The one I have (Okuma Induron 400) is top quality and has the same quality and construction as the Shimano Calcutta, it cost $99.00 new. At least it didn't cost the bank account to find out that the reel you bought was a dud.

7. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I havn't given up on the Okuma reels just that line of Okuma. I have a few buddies that use and love the Okumas but they refuse to fish freshwater. They say the fight just isn't the same. But they have never caught a big Mr. Uglyfish either.

8. JustCats

JustCats Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Sorry to hear about your Okuma. I have two Okuma spinning reels and really like them. I haven't caught any large fish with them yet, but maybe that'll change soon.

Tony

9. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    That cat in your avatar looks pretty nice to me!

10. JustCats

JustCats Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Yeah, he is nice 29 lbs. but we didn't catch him on our reels we were fishing with a guide and my son actually landed him.

Tony

11. nitro

nitro New Member

State:
    Dover, TN
    Sorry to hear about your bad experience with Okuma. I have 3 epixors, 2 aluminas, and an inspira. I have nothing but praise for them. I have converted several others to them and they also love them. One even put his stradics back in their boxes. I also have a Daiwa Emcast 5500 that I use for cats and king salmon.

12. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I think for my money from now on I am sticking with Abu and daiwa reels, I have had nothing but good experiences with both and will not stray agian, ubtill next time, lol.