Okuma Cd-65 Baitrunner

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by tnkatman, Feb 8, 2006.

1. tnkatman

tnkatman New Member

State:
    Bluff City, TN
    Today I Received My Okuma Cd-65 Baitrunner Reel & It Really Looks Nice. But I'm Wondering If Anyone Can Give Some Info. About How To Use It's Features Namely When & How To Use The Baitrunner And Just What Exactly Is The Little Dial On The Back Of The Reel For And How Do You Use It. This Is My First Baitrunner And I'm Not Sure How To Use Or What These Features Are For. The User Manual Doesn't Describe The Features Or How To Use Them. Any Info. Is Greatly Appreciated.

2. basstardo

basstardo New Member

State:
    Williamsburg, VA
    A friend of mine has a couple of these. If I remember right, the dial sets the tension on the bait runner feature, and the lever turns it on and off. Works pretty well. He uses his for pitchin' live baits while sight casting to cobia and live lining baits.

3. BigCatSteve

BigCatSteve New Member

State:
    Huber Heights,Ohio
    you right bass,the lever on the back activates the baitrunner and the dial is for adjusting the tention.one thing you have to remember about a baitrunner is when you get a run,flip the switch off befor setting the hook.a huge mess of line if you dont.

4. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    I have a Okuma Epixor EB 50 Baitrunner , and I love it. I caught numerous cats last summer with it , and I cant wait to use it again this summer. Set your rear drag as low as it will go , listen for the clicking , when you think you might be getting a bite, flip the switch , set the hook. Make sure your main drag is set pretty stiff , but not lock tite. Have fun. Okumas lines of baitrunners are great spinning reels. :)

5. tnkatman

tnkatman New Member

State:
    Bluff City, TN
    Thanks Gents. For The Info. I Understand Now, I Really Appreciate The Help.