Okuma Baitcasters

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by SkiMax, May 4, 2006.

1. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    I have found some Okuma baitcasters on ebay. I found a Okuma Saltwater Fishing Reel CL 300L CLASSIC new

and a

Okuma Saltwater Fishing Reel SD 30L Conventional new

both are around 30 bucks. are these a good deal? anyone ever used either of them? thanks!

2. Damian_Storm

Damian_Storm New Member

State:
    indiana
    i haven't used those exact reels but, i have an okuma abf 50 baitrunner and it's great...i haven't really heard anything bad about okumas

3. Rat

Rat New Member

State:
    Forrest Illinoi
    I've got a 300L classic and really like it. Has a good loud clicker, casts really good.......$30 is a good deal, but I wouldn't go much over that. I paid $40 for mine with a rod at a fishing gear auction, but I was one of the few there after large baitcasters.
    Rat

4. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    I bought 3 new okuma cl300l on e-bay for under $30 a piece and believe their a great value reel. they aint a super smooth hi-end reel so dont pay too mutch or you wont be happy with it. but if you get one cheep you should be verry happy with it.

5. shortshank

shortshank New Member

State:
    Oregon
    I bought this one last year for my grandson. He has caught salmon, steelhead, sturgeon, catfish, carp with it without any problems. Gear ratio 5-1-1 and holds quite a bit of line. Definately not up to some of the higher priced stuff Penn & Abu but has done everything he wanted. Sounds like you might be getting a good price too. I have a friend in New York that sells new and used reels at real reasonable prices. Send me a pm and I'll gladly give you his E-dress or phone#.
    Don

6. catmankev

catmankev New Member

State:
    Valmeyer, Illinois
    I have a 300 classic. They are decent reels for the money. I have 7 Okuma reels all together, most have linecounters for drifting. NO complaints!!!!:big_smile:

7. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    They are excellent reels for the money. I have the Okuma idx 400 which is on the same level as the Shimano Calcutta.

8. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    OK, thanks guys! I bought the 30l for 18 bucks plus 9 S$H on ebay. I think i am gonna match it with a ugly stik tiger and use it for targeting those flatties in cover