Okuma Baitcast Reels

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by Pooh, Mar 24, 2009.

1. Pooh

Pooh Member

State:
    Illinois
    Which Reel would u guys prefer the OKUMA CLASSIC CL450L BAITCAST or the Tidewater 30L

2. Pooh

Pooh Member

State:
    Illinois
    Sorry i accidently put this thread under Rods

3. alton

alton New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Welcome to the BOC from Alton, IL.

I had a Tidewater a few years ago and did not care for it. I am sure it is fine from a boat, but I did not care for the casting distance. I do have an Okuma Classic Pro 202L and 302L. I now use them as back up reels. I would recommend the Okumas over the Tidewater. The Classic CL450L you are talking about hold a great deal of line 330/30lb. This reel also has bushings in lieu of bearings. I woul spend the additional $5.00 and look at the Classic Pro 302L which has 2 bearings and holds 275/25lb line. For the money, the Okuma Classic Pro series casting reels are nice. Good luck.

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    keith Welcome to the BOC, from the southern part of your state. Some reps to get you started.:0a18::0a25::0a25:

5. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Welcome to the BOC pooh

6. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Keith. I have two of the tidewaters and have no problem casting them. This is the second year for them with no problems. I have a buddy that has great luck with the okumas. Best advice is to look at both and see what you are more comfterble with. Good luck.

Tom

7. opposum

opposum Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    I have 5 Okumas and haven't had any problem with them. They are a good quality reel. I've never heard of the other reel.

8. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I have 8 of the Okuma Classic's. Some are 302L's, some are 300L's, they work great and are well worth the money. If you want to spend a little more money then get the Okuma Convector 30L, its smoother than the Classic series. Chris

9. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Keith.

10. Pooh

Pooh Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks everyone for the welcomes. I think ima go with the Okuma Classic Pro Levelwind 202L