Oklahoma's Arkansas River

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by tkishkape, May 2, 2006.

1. tkishkape

tkishkape New Member

State:
    Gore, Okla
    This afternoon I got stir-crazy and put the boat in the river at Gore Landing. I fished with cut skipjack for about 5 hours, CPR'ing a 16#, 17#, and a 27# blue while keeping 14 blues and one channel between 3-6#.

Typical afternoon of fishing in the Arkansas River near Webbers Falls.

2. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    Wow Albert looks like a good time.

ST

3. back channel

back channel Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Great job. You caught some excellent fish.

4. dex

dex Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Excellent catch. Have anyone fished the Arkansas near Blackburn or Cleveland it has been years since I have fished the Ark anywhere , those are some really nice cats.

5. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Be very careful Albert. Your gonna get some hill billy's stirred up as a bunch of Texans claiming the Ark. river as Oklahoma's. THey are a possessive bunch over there. Seens like us Okies get on the wrong end of the stick no matter which end we hold. lol But they were some good fish.

6. bigsammy

bigsammy New Member

State:
    Poteau ok
    Nice fish Albert,did some fishin yesterday at LD 15 and the biggest was 18lbs on a beach ball.Caught little ones on rr from 3-6lbs,all blues.Generators were on all day

7. Tulcat

Tulcat New Member

Albert,

Congrats on some nice looking fish!

8. Arkie55

Arkie55 New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    Sure looks like a good five hour trip to me. The Arkansas is enough river for Okies and Arkies. Congratulations on the nice load of fish.

9. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    Looks like some real nice fish there Albert. I wished I lived closer to that part of Oklahoma....lot's of good fishing.