Oklahomans -- Happy 100th Birthday!!!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by KATMANDETTE, Nov 16, 2007.

1. KATMANDETTE

KATMANDETTE New Member

State:
    Cedar Key, Florida
    DId anyone go to any of the centennial activities?:big_smile:

Mik

2. jholl949

jholl949 New Member

State:
    Mannford. Oklah
    Watching it on Educational channel. Except for the C&W singers like Reba, Carrie, and Vince.........BORING!!!!

3. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I live in Guthrie, and except for the traffic, today was a good day. Sorry to hear Mike found it boring as I, on the other hand, found it fascinating. Of all the famous Oklahoman's on hand (Vince Gill, Reba McIntyre, Toby Keith, Garth Brooks, Carrie Underwood, Blake Shelton, Patti Page, Johnny Bench, the native American dancers, the 5 living Miss America's, the choreography of the dances, the 84 participants in Oklahoma's official Dance - the square dance, the bands, the blurb on Will Rogers, the address by Laura Bush, the musical "OKLAHOMA") all was interesting. I am happy to have been fortunate to catch this spectacular on television. I am proud to be an Okie.

4. jholl949

jholl949 New Member

State:
    Mannford. Oklah
    Let me re-iterate.......
    I personally have no desire to listen to speeches or opera music, or the excerpts from "Oklahoma".
    Nothing against the program or the performers, just not my personal cup of tea.
    Seeing this state represented so well in Memphis and Nashville, on the other hand, did my heart good. Was a little disappointed that Garth didn't perform but the others were exceptional.
    I didn't know Patti Page was still alive!! "Get Your Kicks on Route 66" and the "Tennessee Waltz" brought back many early years memories.

I'm sorry if I put a negative light on the entire program. Not my intent at all.