Oklahoma weather is wearing me out.

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by jlingle, Mar 11, 2007.

1. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Jiminy Christmas.... every pretty day that we have is during my busiest days at work. When I have a chance to fish, for the last 2 months it's been either snowing, sleeting, the wind was blowing 30+mph, or it's raining. I can't buy a break. I'm glad it's raining, don't get me wrong..... but man I'd like to fish. I've got 2 brand new reels and 2 9' rods I've never used.

I'm ready for a pretty day. This rain, wind, and the cold snaps are starting to wear on my nerves. I really wish the weather would just make up its mind to get warm and let me fish dadgummit!

2. Okie Jim

Okie Jim New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I live in Woodward, about as north of you as you can get. 60 miles from Kansas and 53 miles from Texas and the wind has been blowing. We fished today in the rain and caught walleye, sandbass and channels. It was a good but some sun would have been nice.

3. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Jerrod, the fish are all ready wet, so it don't matter if it is raining or not. GO get them... LOL

4. Larry Collier

Larry Collier New Member

State:
    Wagoner, Oklahoma
    I'm goin for a little while Monday, I think, maybe! Takin a bar of soap with me, just in case! It is spring after all :big_smile:

5. porboy

porboy New Member

State:
    TX Panhand
    Hey Okie Jim,
    How much rain did you get at Woodward and did any get in Canton?? We go there a lot in the summer but it is so low with what was sent to OK City.
    Were you fishing at Canton??
    Thanks
    Bill

6. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Good ole Oklahoma weather! If you don't like it, wait a minute. It WILL change, not nesissarily for the better, but it will change!!!!!

7. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Hey, the "experts" :confused2: are callin for 84 tomorrow, but a chance of Tstorms.

No fishin for us, cuz my husband has to work, but at least I can put the houseplants outside for a drink and a bath :smile2:
    Spring is settlin in, I'd say :lol:

8. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Here is my take on weather.My military training taught me early on that the weather doesnt matter,the war goes on.So it doesn't do any good to worry about it.If you want perfect weather where the temperature is pretty much constant,it never rains ,snows,sleets or blows,you can have it.Unfortunately the climate controlled box you will be living in ,happens to be 6 ft underground.:lol: Each day is one of your alloted number,regardless of the weather,so if you complain and the good Lord hears you, He might decide to shorten your tour of duty!!!!!:lol: :smile2: :eek:oooh:If you were dying of some horrible, painful disease and the Lord said to you "I'm going to give you one more perfect day in which you will be pain free and have all your faculties, so you can spend it with your family and loved ones".Would you turn it down because it was raining?The only time the weather is a factor is if it is a safety issue ,as in its to rough to go out in the boat.Even then if you can fish on the shore which the wind is blowing against you will probably find the baitfish stacked up the and the predators going crazy.No critcism of anyone intended but you only have so many days so utilize then to the fullest.:smile2: :lol:

9. tkishkape

tkishkape New Member

State:
    Gore, Okla
    We managed to get a few really strong thunderstorms and a twister out of it here in eastern OK...

Thanks for sending it our way.:roll_eyes:

10. Larry Collier

Larry Collier New Member

State:
    Wagoner, Oklahoma
    I saw the weather and it's gonna be in the 70's again tomorrow but only in the 60's on Friday. ONLY the 60's?? What am I thinkin?
    I'm going to throw some jugs for the next few days if it hairlips the pope! :roll_eyes:

11. catman george

catman george New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Larry-
    Put your jugs in 5-10' of water in back of creek with timber. The blues are there because the shad are there. 2 identical reports came in on 3/14 on 2 different lakes most of the blues were over 10 pounds with 1 at 32 pounds. My jugs are going in on Saturday.

catman george

12. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Jerrod I'm going to help you out.EVery year I go to Colo skiing and prior to my arrival they have tons of snow and blizzards which I'm sure you saw on the news.WHen I get there its drought time because its sunny ,warm, girls are skiing in bikinis and there isn't a snowflake to be seen.Ill be flying out there on the 30th of Mar and as a personal favor to you I am going to ask the pilot to divert the flight over OK.You should have great weather on the 31st and 1st.So make your plans now,the flip side of that coin is that after I fly over it will probably never rain again in Oklahoma.:big_smile: :lol: :smile2: :eek:oooh: If you want nice weather then use a technique I have developed regarding anything I am trying to acquire.Go to your window and pray that it rains on the weekend.Make up some sob story that you garden is dying and you deperately need rain.It will be 100 deg both days.Never go shopping for a "Blue" thing because the store will only have Red things.At Santee we always ask for lots of wind,overcast skies and some rain,so we can drift fish.Never fails to be flat calm and 100 degrees.NEVER ask out loud for what you really want.!!!!!!:big_smile: :lol: Trust me it works !!! How many men ARE married to beautiful Victoria Secrets models.See what I mean?????????

13. Larry Collier

Larry Collier New Member

State:
    Wagoner, Oklahoma
    Thanks George - I heard the same thing once I got home this afternoon. My jugs are already on the lake in a fairly dependable place for eaters but if they don't get good results by tomorrow I'm moving them to another place like what you described.