oklahoma varmint huntin

Discussion in 'Small Game Hunting' started by fishinbuddy, Dec 2, 2005.

1. fishinbuddy

fishinbuddy New Member

I am looking fo a place to go shoot some coyotes or some one to go with. I am active military and stationed at tinker. Since I am not from around here I need some help getting to know land owners and other hunters that know the area. Any help I can get will be much apreciated.

Justin

2. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Well Justin I'm From TEXAS and in MY opinion you can stand anywhere in OK and shoot in any direction and you'll probably hit a "Varmint".The place is overrun with em!!!!Lots of them can be found at OU football games.LOL Check and see if Tinker has an Outdoor recreation office or sports rental.They would be a good source for hunting and fishing info_Or contact the state game and fish office ,they should have a list of land owners that allow hunting.

3. okiecop

okiecop New Member

State:
    Grove, OK
    Justin, I wish i could help you out brother but i have the same problem but i'm in the n.e. corner of the state. One of the guys i work with always goes out towards the panhandle and shoots prarie dogs. A lot of the land owners out there will let you hunt them just to get rid of them. I know it isn't coyote huning but it still takes skill. As far as you being @ Tinker try south of the city say down around lexington and purcell area. Just trying to give ya a few options and ideas.

4. fishinbuddy

fishinbuddy New Member

Thanks for the info guys. I am goin to try to talk to some landowners next time I go shootin at lexington. And as for those varmints at the OU games, I think the are protected now. Apparently this last season really hurt thier numbers. :0a15: