Oklahoma Public Hearings

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by AwShucks, Dec 17, 2007.

1. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    The time and dates have been set for the public hearings concerning proposed changes to our hunting/fishing rules/regulations. Check out this link for the date, location and time nearest you. Then, plan on attend one of the meetings... let your opinion be heard.

http://www.wildlifedepartment.com/publicmeeting.htm

2. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    I've been going to them for the last three years and it's well worth your time. They do listen and changes have been passed or rejected on the opinions voiced at the meetings. Attend.

3. CoonX

CoonX Member

State:
    Oklahoma City O
    Lawrence, I'll try and see you there.

Will

4. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    i'll be looking for you Will.

5. catman george

catman george New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    AWSHUCKS and others- Please note that one of the proposed changes is the clarification of PVC being used as a limbline. The proposed change will allow 20 PVC pipes per person and the pipes must be checked daily. The requirements will be the same as juglines or regular limblines. I worked with a fellow fishhead that works for ODWC Fisheries Division to get this written. We anticipate that this should be a "no brainer" for passage. Let's hope for the best.

catman george:big_smile:

6. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    George, you gotta be careful... some people think your using limb lines they will be all over you as bad as they do the noodlers. If it is not their way, it shouldn't be any way. LOL. Gosh, I'm glad our State Department of Wildlife don't listen to these fanatics.

7. catman george

catman george New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    AWSHUCKS- OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH WWWWWEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL. Some days I might use jugs for harvesting cats and the next I use my medium heavy flipping sticks to catch the cats on rod and reel. THEN the next time I might do the dasturdly deed with a TROTLINE.....OOHHHHHHH MMMMMMMYYYYYYYYYY.Then shudder....shudder maybe I built 20 PVC lines for a specialty situation where there are no trees to tie to and the water is to shallow to fiddle with jugs. NOW the time is right for me to pull out my "secret" weapon the PVC lines and put a whuppin on some flatties. Tomorrow I will be finessing some crappoids with minners under a slip cark and be done in a couple arz. You just never know what I will be up to when it comes to piscatorial pursuits. I plan on getting with you next week to track down and bang some buster blues.

catman george

8. South Grand Laker

South Grand Laker New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    there's a paddlefish regulation change for the 08' season, residents and nonresidents alike must obtain a free paddlefish permit before fishing for paddlefish they can be obtained online at wildlifedepartment.com, each angler can receive one permit per year, and will use the same permit number to tag all paddlefish caught,