OKLAHOMA LAKES

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by dkrumme, Apr 5, 2009.

1. dkrumme

dkrumme New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    DOES ANY FISH LAKEE HEFNER OVERHOLSER OR DRAPER OR THUNDERBIRD IF SO ANY LUCK WHERE ABOUT TO FISH

2. hog223

hog223 New Member

State:
    southern logan county ok
    a freind of mine has fished hefner for years. he fishes the west side by the creek inlet. if water is flowing in he fishes during the day but if not he fishes only at night. you can expect to catch mostly channel cats with ocasional blue of a flathead. his biggest cat there is 17 lbs. others fish off the dam when the wind is blowing at you. all you need to do is visit these lakes & talk to the boys, they should give you the low down. as far as the rivers good luck getting access to them, if you do any good let us know.

3. oh_darn

oh_darn New Member

State:
    Nixa, MO
    I've fished Draper for a few years. I've only caught channel cats up to 20 lbs, and those were off of bluegill cut in half. The crappie bite pretty good off of point 6 right next to the dock using minnows. At Thunderbird I've had decent luck with cut bait near the state park boat ramp. Hope this helps. If you have any success let me know and you'll probably see me out there some night

4. dkrumme

dkrumme New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    were about near boat ramp i fish near twin bridges on alemedia or south dam area email me with derections at dkrumme1@cox.net herd any thing about lake guthry

5. hog223

hog223 New Member

State:
    southern logan county ok
    GUTHRIE LAKE HAS SOME HUGE FLATHEADS IN IT BUT YOU'LL HAVE TO TALK TO THE LOCALS TO SEE HOW THE BITE IS. THEY USED TO FISH BY THE DAM WITH PERCH AT NIGHT. I THINK THEY STILL HAVE A BAIT SHOP THERE & THEY CAN PROBABLY HELP YOU, WHILE YOU'RE THERE CHECK LIBERTY LAKE ALSO.