Oklahoma heat

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by South Grand Laker, Aug 9, 2007.

1. South Grand Laker

South Grand Laker New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Well this heat is kicking my you know what, wondering if anybody has done any night fishing, i think i'm gonna get set up for some all night trips until where done with august....

2. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    Nothing like a plain jon boat with no carpet to scald the crap outta ya right now:eek:oooh:. I don't go out until at least 8:00 pm this time of year. Last time I fished overnight a few weeks ago I had one of my best nights in recent history. Early morning until 9:00 am is pretty good also.

3. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    This is the time of year were I fish ONLY AT NIGHT! I hate to get up early and go fishing only to be chased back to the seclusion of AC by 10:00! What a waste of getting up early. Don't worry though. The weather guys say that it's actually only going to be hot for a couple weeks this summer. It's supposed to be cooler than normal the last part of this month. Boy! For once I hope they can get it right!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Dadoftwo

Dadoftwo New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    I have been fishing only at night for the past few weeks. I don't see any sense of myself drowning in my own sweat during high noon.:smile2: I fished last saturday night and caught a carp, nothing else. I talked to a guy I know and he fished the night before and slayed them. I guess that night wasn't mine but this weekend might be different. The best times I have is from 10 pm til 2 then 5am to 9am. These times seem to have the best results for me. Give it a try. You might have the time of your life.

5. catfisherokie

catfisherokie New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    Its early morning or night for this old goat too. Just not much fun when your broiling out there.

6. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    what are you guys gonna do when summer gets here?:smile2:

i work in front of a 3 foot fan it just does keep me alive:embarassed::eek:oooh:

but you know what? only about 2 weeks of this.....thank goodness for global warming:wink::smile2:

7. catfisherokie

catfisherokie New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    Well, thankfully I get to work in the A/C. What kinda work do you do?

8. South Grand Laker

South Grand Laker New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    well im a framer but i luckly just finished up with a house 2 weeks ago, so i'm staying in until this heat is gone, went fishing lastnight from 10 to 430 in the morning, didn[t even have one legitimate bite, had tons of shad and baitfish on my screen, dont' know what the deal was but i know it sucked

9. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    i'm a mechanic..oh wait, that's Automobile Repair Technician:smile2:

i fix cars:big_smile: