Oklahoma Fishing License

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Drawout, Nov 12, 2006.

1. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    Do they go date to date on the expiration or do they expire a certain month no matter when you purchase them ?

2. PeZ

PeZ New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    they expire Dec 31st of every year

3. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    Thx Tom .i was thinking that.

4. mtrimble

mtrimble New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    However, if you want to stay within the law until Jan 1 there is a license exception. You can legally fish in a natural body of water or a mine pit with non-commercial bait and within your own county of residence without a license. I didn't believe it when I first heard about it but it is right there in the regs under the exceptions to license's.

5. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I also think, but don't bet your truck on this, that out-of-state residences don't have to purchase a license to fish Sat. and Sun during the Keystone gatherings. These gatherings are scheduled on days the state has its free fishing days. Have to wait until the 2007 regulations are published to insure they don't change them... we will post something about it as it draws closer to the Keystone gathering.

6. skeetermagnet

skeetermagnet New Member

State:
    Edmond, Oklahoma
    The best Christmas present I've had in a while was my lifetime fishing license. It pays for itself, but just not having to worry about whether I've got a current license is worth half the cost.

Plus, I got caught fishing without one in my younger days. :crazy: That is something that won't happen twice....

7. Love Them Cats

Love Them Cats New Member

State:
    Vinita, Oklahoma

I agree. I bought my lifetime licensee 15 - 20 years ago and it has saved me a bunch of money.
    I don't know how much they are now, but when I bought mine, I only paid $125.00.

If you have the money, you can't go wrong with them?

Ken

8. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Think it is $25.00 for the license and $5.00 legacy permit. The legacy permit is a good idea, just, in my opinion, implemented to serve only a small protion of the fishing/hunting population.

9. Okccatman

Okccatman New Member

State:
    Norman,Ok
    Yes the first weekend in June is free fishing days. It is every year. I belive that is why Keystone is always the first weekend.

Dave

10. jholl949

jholl949 New Member

State:
    Mannford. Oklah
    Many things factor into setting the dates for gatherings. It was coincidental that free fishing days fell at the same time as Keystone gatherings the past two years. However, it helps us decide to keep it there for the duration.:lol:

11. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    Thx for the info guys and i will try to make it to that Get Together.

12. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Heard in the rumor mill where Oklahoma is going to be doing away with their lifetime fishing/hunting licenses. Sure hope that doesn't happen.

13. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK

I heard the same thing not to long ago. I finally bought my lifetime combo last year for 775.00 dollars. I was spending about 140 dollars a year between deer tags and my hunting and fishing license. It pays for itself pretty quick, especially if your buying several deer tags each year.