Oklahoma commercial fishing

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by South Grand Laker, Apr 26, 2007.

1. South Grand Laker

South Grand Laker New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    does anybody know anything about commerical fishing here in oklahoma??

2. Ghost River

Ghost River New Member

State:
    Carolina
    I know it's not very good in the panhandle. They don't have any water. When my college roomate and I moved to there from MO. We saw on the atlast that the Beaver River was just about Texhoma. We got our rods and dug up a few worms and rode up there to try and catch a few. We crossed the beaver river and it was a dry bead of sand with grass growing down both sides. I told Whit "they need to give this place back to the indians"

3. South Grand Laker

South Grand Laker New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    you must of been lost, i'm not sure what sand beds have to do with fishing, anyways you should of told your buddy that most of these parts still do belong to the indians

4. Ghost River

Ghost River New Member

State:
    Carolina
    Lost or not I spent 2 years around Guymon, OK at OPSU and never saw the first creek. If you want water you better pump it out there. What are you wanting to know about commercial fishing in OK?

5. jbarnes17

jbarnes17 New Member

State:
    Commerce, Oklahoma
    I always thought it was illegal but i'm not 100% for sure. I never seen anybody commercial fishing in OK.

6. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    You have to have a commercial fisherman's license. Best thing I think they could do for commercial fishermen in state is to send them to Texas. LOL

7. Larry Collier

Larry Collier New Member

State:
    Wagoner, Oklahoma
    I don't know of any commercial fishermen around here. When I was younger there was a guy who owned a bait shop that got some of his bait with throw nets and sienes at the lake and creeks but nothing large scale. We had shell divers on a larger scale for several years but now that the pro's have moved to other lakes it's rare to see divers anymore.

8. OklahomaFever

OklahomaFever New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    im a commerical fisherman... go to enid for lic