Oklahoma Bank fishing

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by okshores17D, Jun 27, 2006.

1. okshores17D

okshores17D New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    I am a native to the waters of wisconsin and though i know that the catfishing in oklahoma is great in comparison I am almost lost in finding great spots. I am a fisherman and i know we have many secretes but could someone please point a finger. I have all promises that i am full of respect for the sport and am just in a desperate mode. I have the bug but my knowledge base for good holes is 12 hours north. If anyone ever fishes where i am from i can get you on fish. someone please help i am tired of poor trips and only gettin on the young'uns.

2. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Layne, What part of Oklahoma are you fishing? If your fishing close to Kerr Lake PM me and I can tell you a few good places to bank fish around the lake and on the Arkansa River system.

3. okshores17D

okshores17D New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    i live in tulsa and so far i have gone to ft gibson and keystone. Also last year i fished a damn that is at the end of 71rst st going east about 20 miles oustside of broken arrow (i have no idea what the dam is called)!

4. ChiefHookumPullum

ChiefHookumPullum New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    well it would help if we knew where u r at but welcome to oklahoma friend i live in in the okc i got a lake about 3blocks from me some times i win and at times i lose but here lately ive been hitten the rivers skull creek is my place to be that is in a little town north of okc clled crestent only twice ive been skunked there at all the time ive been there if u want write me i will help u as much as i can chief

5. jholl949

jholl949 New Member

State:
    Mannford. Oklah
    Layne,
    PM me a phone number. I live in Tulsa too.

6. fishnfool68

fishnfool68 New Member

State:
    Near Tulsa Oklahoma
    PM me your # and we'll go fishing sometime,I live in Broken Arrow.I'm always looking for someone to fish with.I'm fishing off the bank too.I'm still trying to catch the big one from the bank,but thats why its called fishing not catching:smile2:

7. okiecop

okiecop New Member

State:
    Grove, OK
    I live up on grand lake and i either fish the lake or head to miami or below the dam to river fish. For the lake i just stick with a slip rig. on the rivers i use a 3 way rig. Hope this helps you out. And by the way in the spring i Danny King punch bait and during the summer i use chicken or turkey livers.

8. Love Them Cats

Love Them Cats New Member

State:
    Vinita, Oklahoma

9. okiecop

okiecop New Member

State:
    Grove, OK
    Sailboat bridge area is good. try the city boat ramp area also. also i have had good luck around hickory grove area and king point. you should also try around the cowskin bridge area. hope this helps you out ken.

10. Love Them Cats

Love Them Cats New Member

State:
    Vinita, Oklahoma
    Thanks for the tips, I'll have to check them out and see what happens.

Ken