OKla. Non-Resident archery Deer Hunters Exempt from buying OK Hunting License!

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by tkishkape, Sep 21, 2007.

1. tkishkape

tkishkape New Member

State:
    Gore, Okla
    Oklahoma Department of Wildlife
    Archery Deer Hunting Regs say:

"Nonresident archery deer hunters are exempt from a hunting license, but they must possess a nonresident deer archery license for each deer hunted as well as a fishing and hunting legacy permit or proof of exemption.

Nonresident lifetime license hunters are not exempt from purchasing deer licenses."

Emphasis is added to key phrases by author.

C'mon, you Texicans... that's an open invitation to hunt on some of Oklahoma's Numerous Public Hunting Areas...

I live near over 30,000 acres of public hunting land! anyone interested, I'll send maps. Maps are also available through www.wildlifedepartment.com

2. Big B

Big B New Member

State:
    North Texas
    Sounds like something worth checking out. I'm interested in a map. How much are the permits?

3. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    that is definitely something to look into. i also want to know how much the archery license costs. i have a hunting area close to me, called the black kettle national grassland. i have seen quite a few deer there, both mulies and whitetails, around spring creek lake. it's also only an hour and 20 minutes from me!

4. tkishkape

tkishkape New Member

State:
    Gore, Okla
    Everything you need is available right there in www.wildlifedepartment.com You can even purchase your permits and required stamps online.

For those that may not understand the importance of public hunting land, the Great State of Texiz has very little public hunting land. There's lots of places to hunt... on a lease to the tune of $1,000.00 and up per gun per year. If you can't afford to pay in Texiz, you can't afford to play.

Oklahoma has hundreds of thousands of acres of public hunting area open, with the most heavily hunted areas in the beautiful Southeast quarter of the state. The mountainous part of Oklahoma also has the least population of people and a healthy herd of deer.

5. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    albert, $1,000 a year would be one hell of a deal for a year lease around here. not that i would pay it... i am fortunate enough to live withing an hour of the only two rivers in texas you can operate a 4 wheel drive in. that's because they are giant sand washes really, the red river and the canadian river. i have taken several deer, hogs, and turkeys, along with bobcats and coyotes there, but it has always been a lot of work. i am not looking for less work, i am looking for less people.
    another thing you can do in texas is buy the $42 annual public hunting permit. there are several hunting areas around the state, and over a million acres of huntable land. but the catch is, most of them are on the other side of the state from me! some are bow only, some have stricter seasons than the state sets, some are only for birds, etc. i would rather take my chances on open land and hunt spooky deer than jump through hoops.
    thanks for the heads up on this opportunity!

6. Big B

Big B New Member

State:
    North Texas
    Most of the million+ acres are set aside for bird hunting. I like to bird hunt but I really like hunting big game with gun or bow.