Okies, it's time to make your mark!

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by TDawgNOk, Feb 18, 2007.

1. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    I was just looking at the Googlemap ME for the BOC and noticed that a LOT of our Oklahoma members aren't listed. Please try and take a moment to mark where you live. If you don't want to be specific, place your mark on city hall. Just a great way to get in your mind who lives near what body of water.

Thank you for your diligence!!!

2. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    How do I put a mark on the map, and how do I get to the map?

3. catter5000

catter5000 New Member

State:
    TULSA,OK
    Good idea Tony, I have been wishing more of the members would at least put the town they are from on their profile. The people I normally fish with are not always going to be able to go on the same day I can.If every one would at least list their town it would give a person a better idea of who to contact about setting up a fishing trip. I'm not very fond of going out by my self.It helps to have someone to help with loading and unloading the boat etc. Plus, I get real bored setting out on the lake talking to myself. I never get to win an an arguement.

4. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    And here I was thinking you just wanted us to check "yes" or "no". LOL

5. fishnfool68

fishnfool68 New Member

State:
    Near Tulsa Oklahoma
    Ok I'll admit it-unless I'm on the BOC ,looking at sporting goods online,or doing something for church I'm not on the computer and know very little about this box I have.What is Google ME for the BOC?

6. tkishkape

tkishkape New Member

State:
    Gore, Okla
    Scroll up to the yellow bar just below your picture on this page. Just about in the middle you can find a link called "Google ME". Click on it, then wait for the new page to load.

Click on your state and the picture will zoom one step closer. Save a few steps by moving the bar up on the zoom control. Continue clicking on the map until you get to your neighborhood. Click as near to your address as you want to. When you are satisfied that the pin is where you want it, you're done.:smile2:

7. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Ok, I'm on the map now. From the looks of it, I'm the only one around Muskogee area. If there's more, hit me up for some lip yankin. I might try to go this Wednesday, probably to Ft. Gibson dam if they're running any water.

8. slickrick

slickrick New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Howdy all, I made my mark as well. It's beginning to look like Spring is on its way!!! We just need the rains to upgrade all lake, rivers and ponds.:tounge_out:

9. Koon

Koon New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Just added mine.... didn't know what that was before, thanks for the info.

10. okie gal

okie gal New Member

State:
    Okla. City
    Just to let you know, Tom and I are on the map. When you zoom in it shows our correct location but the map marker shows up in northern Texas.

Okie Gal and Flintman

11. KingCatBrad

KingCatBrad New Member

State:
    Duncan, Oklaho
    Where did the Googlemap ME go :crazy: Since They Changed The Format Again I Cant Find It Any Where

12. KingCatBrad

KingCatBrad New Member

State:
    Duncan, Oklaho
    When I Try To Go To This Link http://www.catfish1.com/forums/vbgooglemapme.php It Tells Me

vBulletin Message
    KingCatBrad, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
    1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

13. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    We have an updated version of the software which will be implemented in the near future.

We are attempting to work the Map into each members profile and post-bit for better awareness and function.

Some of the bugs have been worked out, but not all.

The next release should be more practical for all, and provide a useful information for the memership.

14. FourWinds

FourWinds New Member

State:
    Lawton, Oklahoma
    I couldn't find the link for GoogleME either and the one KingCatBrad posted gives me the same message. Will add myself when bugs are killed off.

15. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Just do it like Tony did, LOL!!!
    Open up a map of Oklahoma and mark it with a MajicMarker on the screen, LMAO!!!