Okie's Blood bait

Discussion in 'Homemade baits' started by CATFISHPAT, Nov 24, 2006.

1. CATFISHPAT

CATFISHPAT New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Here are some of the pics of my blood bait,I started it in june and took some to the Keystone Gathering.This is so BAD STUFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached Files:

2. CATFISHPAT

CATFISHPAT New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Here are some blood chunks..(YUM-YUM)

Attached Files:

3. jholl949

jholl949 New Member

State:
    Mannford. Oklah
    Pat,
    I'm not sure I used the right methods but I didn't catch anything on that blood you brought me.
    You just load up the hook and toss it out, right?
    Musta done something wrong.
    Bring some more this year and we'll try again!!
    Maybe a little instruction this time? LOL

4. colten

colten Member

State:
    Texas
    Looked like it should have worked well.

5. suggy183

suggy183 New Member

State:
    NE
    [How do I get enought post to view youw recipe?

6. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Welcome to the BOC Walt. In answer to your question, it's easy. Just respond to others questions, add a comment or ask a question of your own. you will be there in no time! Don't be shy, we are all family here.

7. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Welcom to the family Walt just keep posting your comments and you'll get there in no time

8. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Walt. Keep on postin. Hit 10 and your in.

9. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Hi Pat.That Blood Bait Looks to Me Like it should work Real Good.I Have several Friends here in the midwest that use it with great success.On another note though If the Wife cought Me useing her Glass cake pans to make blood bait I would b in Deep Do Do! LOL.Thanks for Sharing.J.D.
    :oops:

10. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    hey Pat,
    are you gonna share the recipe ?

11. kyredneck

kyredneck New Member

State:
    Kentucky

Pat, that looks good enough to make a swandwich with!!

12. flathead20000

flathead20000 New Member

State:
    Indiana, Delphi
    LOOKS NASTY JUST LIKE THE LITTLE AND BIG KITTIES LIKE IT!!

13. fishoholic

fishoholic New Member

State:
    California
    That sounds like a great recipe.

14. tkishkape

tkishkape New Member

State:
    Gore, Okla
    If MY wife saw that mess, it'd be MY blood in the pan!:lol:

15. tkishkape

tkishkape New Member

State:
    Gore, Okla
    I have made bloodbait using the following method... it does not like to be bottled up tightly and stored warm. If it freezes, it turns to very thick red syrup.

Blood can be purchased from most small packing houses when they kill their animals for butcher. Beef, chicken or turkey blood is best. Lamb works, but stay away from pork. You'll have to provide a bucket with a tight-fitting lid as well as remove the filled bucket from the premesis immediately. State health laws prohibit blood from remaining on the premisis, so it's usually allowed to run down the drain.

Allow the bucket of blood to remain covered in a cool place for several hours to clot and begin separation of plasma from clot. Once the clear plasma appears and the blood becomes a jelly-like curd, carefully cut the curd on the vertical with a knife into 1" thick slices. Allow the blood to rest and continue separating another few hours or overnight.

By this time, the blood will have reduced by about half. Drain off the clear plasma, reserving it separately in a covered container. Pour out the blood in a single layer onto a plastic surface like a plastic bag covered pan. Sprinkle the top liberally with your favorite flavoring at this point. (I like garlic salt and a little asafoetida) Allow it to dry a little, draining all of the liquid away. A little salt will toughen the "skin" on the blood. Cut into chunks, place in sealed plastic bags inside a sealed plastic covered bowl and keep refrigerated. This bait will stay good and ready to fish for a couple of weeks under refrigeration, but breaks down rapidly with heat.

The plasma is used to sour grain for chum. It makes for a wickedly scented and highly effective chum when used to sour corn, milo, or soybeans. Just put two gallons of grain and enough plasma and water to cover in a five gallon bucket. There's enough sugar and natural yeast in the grain to start the fermentation. Be sure to loosly cover the bucket to keep out flies and allow the pressure from fermentation gasses to get out. Oh yeah... put the whole mess as far from the back door as you can. It gets ripe fast!

16. CATFISHPAT

CATFISHPAT New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Hey Albert,You hit it on the nose.That is how I did it but after I cut it I put it on a pice of cardboard to suck some of the plasma off.the sikn is just a scab yes the yuk factor is way up there so as you can see DONT LICK YOU FINGERS.I let the chunks sit out in the sun for about 6hours then put them in an old coffee can WITH A LID!!! Everyone I know around here has been giving me the bloor from there kills...Iv got 5 gal going right now.So Im going to try to have about 20gls for the 2007 B.O.C. Tinboat keystone Gathering this year God willing............

17. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Try using brown sugar on some of the clots.

18. scorpio420

scorpio420 New Member

State:
    ny
    i have purchased catblood bait from the local walmart last year. had great success with it and i havent been able to find it again anywhere.

19. scorpio420

scorpio420 New Member

State:
    ny
    that is one heck of a catfish lol