"Okie Noodling" on the Documentary Channel

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Mr.T, Jan 19, 2007.

1. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    If you find yourself awake and very bored at 1am Saturday morning, central time, tune into the "Documentary Channel" (Dish 197) and watch "Okie Noodling"

It's apparently a documentary about catfish noodling in Oklahoma, made in 1999 or 2000 or so. It was on earlier this evening but I only caught the last few minutes of it so can't say anything useful about whether it's worth watching or not..

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    thanks for the info but since ive been up since midnite last nite i dought i'll make it but im gonna see if it comes on later this week

3. catmanofohio

catmanofohio New Member

State:
    Aberdeen (Southern Ohio)
    yeah ill try to watch it tonight.. and let everyone know if its very educational :) thanks for the show!

4. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    its after 11 now and am watching Crimson Tide the movie so I'll hopefully be awake to watch it.

5. rwilley3

rwilley3 New Member

State:
    Brighton, Tenne
    I watched it a few times and since I don't noodle I didn't learn much except maybe I ought to look in some really shallow water if I want to catch a big flathead. Also comforting to know that there are actually people in the world who are bigger rednecks than me.:lol:

6. catfishing is fun

catfishing is fun New Member

State:
    Missouri/Michigan
    i watched about half of it, it was pretty cool

7. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I watched it last night. It was interresting to say the least. They had a noodling tournament. I was wondering what became of those fish after the weigh in, but they never said. Biggest fish caught was 54#.

8. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    I watched it the other day, If it is the one that had Danny King on there when he was bit younger. I found it to be an interesting show. I still am not convinced to go noodling. No way, No how.... But it did give some insite to area's to look for when looking for nice flatheads......

9. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thanks for the heads up Mr. T:smile2:

10. special liberty

special liberty New Member

State:
    Maryland
    Entertaining but they killed a lot of big flatheads.

11. pythonjohn

pythonjohn New Member Supporting Member

State:
    F L A Swamps
    Thanks for the info will be looking for it on cable T.V. anybody seen it on cable?