Okie in Texas lookin for fish!

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by catfishcrazyjr, Mar 17, 2006.

1. catfishcrazyjr

catfishcrazyjr New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    i am down here working up and down I-35 from san antonio to austin and i am lookin for a place to fish where i can get some cat's i was only going to be here a week now its at lest a month so i did not bring my fishin gear so i guess i will hit wal-mart or academy if i can find one so if ya'll can help a okie out it would be nice i will drive as far as i got to to catch some good fish so let me know please thanx jeremy"CATFISH"russell p.s. i accept all invites (405)420-8385

2. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Good luck!

Hopefully some of our Texas Brothers can hook ya up!

3. catfishcrazyjr

catfishcrazyjr New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    i guess you texins dont like tellin a okie where the fish are at down here so i will just wait till i get home to OKLAHOMA to all the good ol boys and catch some fish thanx; jeremy

4. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Jeremy, I'd like to help ya out Bro but I don't get down that way to fish....
    Sorry no one has helped ya out any man. We don't like Okies (lol) j/k , but when it comes to a BOC Brother y'all are all the same ! My Family........
    Come to Dallas Bro and I'll put ya on some cats.

5. TXBlueHunter

TXBlueHunter New Member

State:
    Flower Mound, Texas
    Jeremy

I with T-Bone on this one. I do not fish south texas but if you go to the Texas Parks and Wildlife site they have a page that list all the lakes in Texas. It is the lake finder page. The link is below.

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/fishboat/fish/recreational/lakes/

If you are in the Houston area I have read good things about lake Houston. Also, if you go to wal-mart or acadamy to get gear ask some of the people working there where the hots spots are.

Sorry I could not be more help, but like T-Bone said if you come north about 4 hours I am sure one of use can put you on some Texas cats.

6. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    I used to catch nice cats right in Town lake which is in downtown Austin.If I remember right it is one of the lakes in a chain that includes Travis, Inks,Buchcanan and some others all of which are full of catfish.Haven't been there in years but I don't imagine the fishing has changed much.Good Luck:)

7. catnip

catnip New Member

State:
    texas
    lets go fishin buddy, i live southeast of satx . catnip

8. 1stpalindrone

1stpalindrone New Member

State:
    Denton, Texas
    Catfishcrazyjr,
    Hey bro, Im actually here in N. TX but my home town is in New Braunfels, TX. 1/2 way from SA to Austin. If you take I35 to HWY 46 and go west (this rd is also called loop 377) about 4 miles you'll come to a Shell station on the right at the intersection of River Road. Go Right. About 3 miles down it'll split, go right. About a mile down you'll come to Camp Hueco (Waco) campgrounds.

Anywhere on the Guadalupe you can catch ok channels but below the main rapids in this campground is a nice deep hole that alot of big cats have come out of. They eat just about any catfish bait you throw at 'em but the old fashion hotdog chunk I think works best... Another tip, they stock trout right above this rapid twice a year and Im sure it was the end of Jan. the last time so there are still some good rainbows around too.;)

Hope this helps, I'll be making a trip up this weekend if you want to get together we can put a few back and a few on the line... Lemme know.
    Lucas:cool:

9. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    I live in paris texas and im looking for a good catfishing spot nearby .Can anyone lead me the right way .Thx

10. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    And by the way im new to this site but i like it already Best of luck to u guys fishing and send me some tips!:cool:

11. TIGER44

TIGER44 New Member

State:
    MANSFIELD. TEXAS
    Go To Texoma You Will Love It.

12. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Hey Johnny, I posted a few places for ya to check out on your "hello" thread.