Okefenokee Swamp

Discussion in 'GEORGIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by e'villeman, Dec 9, 2007.

1. e'villeman

e'villeman New Member

State:
    Evansville, Indiana
    anyone fish the big body of swamp land? is it any good?

2. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Roger:

I personally have not fished it. I know there is somebody that has though. I too am curious to know the answer.

3. Pirate Jerry

Pirate Jerry New Member

State:
    Yulee Florida
    Oh my goodness yes... Nice cats, world class largemouth bass if you like that kind of thing and monster bream (bluegills to you yankees) plus gators, hogs, bears and mosquitos big enough to eat any of them. :confused2:

4. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I remember when I was younger there was a bass fishermen that always had that place on his show. I always imagined what it would be like to fish it for the florida strain large mouth...now I wonder about the cats...:still_dreaming:...

5. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    Don't forget the Cottonmouths and Diamondbacks!

6. Foxhound

Foxhound New Member

State:
    Georgia
    The swamp is a excellent place to fish........especially in the spring. Take a cane pole and cut it off to about 8 ft long and string it with 20 lb test mono, a large size crappie hook and a couple of good size split shot pinched on about six inches up from the hook. Use live crawfish (bought from local baitstore) and bounce them up and down off the bottom next to cypress trees and stumps. Catfish, warmouth,and bluegill will eat them up. The Suwanee River is also very good that time of the year if there is any water.

7. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    HI FOLKS,
    When I was in the boy scouts many years ago I earned a 50 miler patch afloat. We used canoes and kayaks, The fishing was very good.