Okay, whats this called?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by AwShucks, Oct 20, 2007.

1. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I use two of them to hold the transom of my boat to the trailer, but want to get two more for another trailer. Problem is, Lowe's, Academy and my local Ace hardware has no idea what they are even called... neither do I, come to think of it... LOL. Sure would appreciate someone pointing me in the right direction with its name and where I can possibly purchase some.

Attached Files:

2. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    That's easy stuff. everybody knows it's a thingamajig.
    Order an extra one for just in case:big_smile:

3. River_monster91

River_monster91 New Member

State:
    central kansas
    thats one of them one dohickys that you put in that one place on your one trailer

4. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I figured it would be a Texan to help an Okie out. LOL. Don't know if I trust him though, lot of them guys didn't like their state fair this year. A thangamajig, huh? No wonder I couldn't put a name on it.

5. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Lawrence, I think you are looking in the wrong place.
    It looks like a tensioner device for high tensile fencing atleast the spring part does.
    Try an ag supply store.

6. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Mark, I do think you may be onto something here. I do recall my son-in-law installing something like that on his new fence he put up.

7. dafin

dafin New Member

State:
    Manhattan,Kan
    I don't know the name , they came on my boat trailer. try a boat shop

8. CoonX

CoonX Member

State:
    Oklahoma City O
    Transom tie down

Don't know if the spring loaded is still made anymore.

9. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Mark J has it. Tensioner used at one end of a pretty smooth cable or wire fence. Usually used around cattle lot or horses. Normally has a ratchet at the other end. Supply catalogers are your best bet. May not be carried locally. If you have a fencing outfit near they usually have them all the time.

10. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    let us know where you do find one I've been looking for one as a stress relief on the boat

11. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Have seen those critters before and I thing they are right.Used to put tension on fences such as barbwire.Only suggestion is start going to farm sales and you might just get lucky in finding 1.

12. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    I'm pretty sure you can get them from Tractor Supply, or your local feed & seed store. I know I've seen them at the one near me before.

13. catfish slick

catfish slick New Member

State:
    California
    Lawrence,
    I use to be in the bee business, and when we had our bees in the mountains we had to protect them from bears, with an electric fence. This has been many years ago But I bought My fence from sears and the tensioner came with the new fence. You mite go on line and check out the electric fence supply sites. Hope this helps.

14. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Haven't seen a tie down like that in years. I use the ratchet type that basspro sells.

15. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Shucks just go get ya a couple ratchit strapps and stop being so darn Arkansaw stubborn.....or tis it Oklahoma:big_smile::big_smile::big_smile:
    GOOD LUCK ON YOUR MISSION......

16. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    I like all state fairs. :big_smile:Just havent been to one in a while. :sad2:
    i forgot to add to my post on the thangamajig. You will have to come to Texas to find one. We got parts guys who have all the ordering books, with pics on different thangamajig's :smile2:
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    I know I've seen one of those thangamajigs somewhere. leave it to Mark to come up with an answer. LOL
    I've also seen them on the screened doors, storm doors, for houses . many have a small chain attached to one of those tensioners to limit the door from flying open.

ratchit strapps, good ideal catfish kenny

17. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    I use to be in the Fence business myself, We used something on the order of that. I would try the boat shops.
    Kenny, us Arkies are not all that stubborn. :roll_eyes:

18. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Yea I got 4 of em on my little boat..... got two more when I saw them in a store back a few years...... just in case I lost one... and I did last spring... we dont have tractor supply here, and Im sure it was not found in a boat shop.... I may have gotten it in the "boon docks" sometime ago.... reminds me to get two more if I ever see one again....

bayrunner ray

19. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I don't think its stubbornness, but much rather its my druthers. I just don't like those ratchet straps... have lost too many of them to feel safe and secure. I would much rather spend the 20 or 25 dollars and get what I want than to settle for something I don't want. Maybe that is stubborn. LOL

20. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Mrs. Angle Kity tis notin personal but Shucks can't tell thy diff from arkansas-iowa or oklahoma......this I knows to be tru.....!:wink: