Okay, I'm a grouch, but I had a fun day on Monty

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by steve_b124, Sep 12, 2009.

1. steve_b124

steve_b124 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Yea, I admit it. I am a grouch. I told my "buddy'" to meet me at 5:15am to go to the lake. I gave him 20 minutes and left him. At 6:30 he called and wanted to know why I wasn't waiting on him. After he whinned a while I told him to meet me at the landing. I fished about 1 1\2 hours and met him. Junk like that makes me grouchy. The wife says I need one of her hormone pills.

It wasn't a wasted day, though. I caught 10 cats, all eater size. I kept 5 and released 5. The biggest went about 8 pounds. It was kind of of like pay back, my "buddy"didn't catch anything.

Steve

2. nevets91

nevets91 New Member

State:
    rock hill south carolina
    man i dont blame you ive had the same thing happen before and missed the morning striper bight because of it i give them 20-30 minutes if they aint there they just aint goin fishin from now on. i make sure im up in plenty of time and im always there early i dont mess some bodys day of fishing up

3. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Steve, by all means you have the right to be grouchy :confused2: The man should appreciate the fact that you're taking him out on your boat and he should respect the appointed meeting time. I (and many others) would have left him there too. Next time (if there is one) I'll bet that he's there on time :smile2: By the way, did he eat your sangwiches too?

4. FastenalFishing

FastenalFishing New Member

State:
    Boiling Springs, S.C.
    I'm with you too. Nothing makes me more impatient. I look forward to getting up early and going.

5. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Man, ya are mean.:smile2::smile2: I would had waited till he got to the truck and drove off. Its hard to get good fishn buddies. A decent one will help you buy gas for the trip. They don't think about all you had to do to get ready for the trip. Buying oil, getting the hooks, rigging the reels, putting everything on the boat not to mention washing the blame thing after the trip. Also, they don't think of the boat payments, ins, taxs etc.... A good fishn buddy should meet you at your house and wake you 30min early, and stay and help you unload to.:angry:

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I agree with this post. Patience leaves me lacking. If a time is agreed on then both parties need to do their best to comply. With the day of cell phones, there is room to communicate.

7. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    I don't blame ya either...I would leave. I cant recall one time I was late to meet someone.....normally I cant wait to fish and cant sleep anyway, LOL.

I understand that things happen, that's fine, but a phone call should be made before that person even leaves to house to inform you of their tardiness.

Good partners may be hard to find but in reality a good partner is never late ; ) My buddies know I'm never late nor do I wait on them. Being late shows a lack of respect ......IMO.

Glad ya got some fish still.....and I bet your buddy learned a lesson ; )

8. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    I can't believe ya went back and got him. :cool2:

9. steve_b124

steve_b124 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    When I was a young man I had no patience. I prayed for patience and God sent me a wife. Now I needed more patience so I prayed harder and God sent me a daughter. Now I really needed patience so I prayed unendingly for patience and God sent me another daughter. Then I read in the Bible that if you pray for patience God will send you tribulation to teach you patience. I have never prayed for patience again!

Pat, I have learned to hide my sandwiches til time to eat, no more suprises that way.

Good partners are hard to find. I used to take my BIL, till he got back on drugs and booze, and the boat aint no place for someone hopped up on something. Then I tried another fellow who whinned if you caught more than him and crowed if he caught more. This fellow wants to run on his clock and expects you to wait on him. None of them want to help with the expenses.

I think I will stick to taking kids out. They have a ball and I get blessed every time watch them catch their first or their biggest or seeing ducks and geese for the first time. They are like a sponge, soaking up everything. I usually let them catch every hook-up and set back and enjoy seeing them work the rod.

Oh well, at least today's menu is fresh fried catfish, homemade hushpuppies, baked beans and coldslaw. Whoooweeee, make ya bite your grandmaw!!!

God Bless All,
    Steve

10. Deepwater1

Deepwater1 New Member

State:
    Toccoa, GA
    I've been really blessed in finding fishing partners. My last fishing partner was really a find. We would call if we were going to be late to meet. We would "discuss" whose turn it was to pay for somthing and insist it was ours. (both of us were far from being rich) We seldom argued, except whose Grouper was larger-never carried a scale, that would have spoiled the fun.

We fished together for around 21 years, until I retired and moved to Georgia. Some times I wonder why, but I enjoy it here. I still miss the 1-1/2 hour runs out to the fishing spots, the 8 foot seas, when a storm would come up, the good, the bad, and the just kicking back.

I'm working on a new fishing partner now and I think it's going to work out. Sure has so far. I just hope that health and unforseen circumstances will allow that partnership to last half as long as the last.

I've discovered that, like agape, there is room for more than one fishing partner at a time. At one time there wasn't room though.

Curt

11. crappie capt.

crappie capt. New Member

State:
    Rock hill s.c.
    :wink:steve,you should know that GODS time,fishing time,and the worlds time is very different to us fishermen.

12. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    You should introduce him to the BOC, and link him to this thread! :)

Bill in SC

13. SC Backwoods Baitman

SC Backwoods Baitman New Member

State:
    Union,South Carolina
    Man sorry for not being there Saturday. Chris was telling me you were fit to be tied about your partner not showing up on time.:angry: I had to take some time and go catch me some shrimps. But you ended up with nice cats.

14. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    He is already a member!!:embarassed: Steve my friend I just simply overbooked myself and it all came apart when I was to meet ya!:eek:oooh: PLEASE, PLEASE take me back? I will not eat your sandwiches or the bait anymore! I will pack and unpack your boat, bait your hook and even clean your catch! One more chance, Little Buddy?:wink:

15. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    I absolutly hate being late or causign somebdoy else to be late but with kids and a wife there aint no such thing anymore..my wife thinks "be there at 9" means "leave there at 9"

16. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Well if it was SUNBIRD, we understand:smile2::smile2:

17. steve_b124

steve_b124 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    It wasn't Sunbird this time. Ya know they say you can always tell someone from Sandy Run, you just can't tell them much..... If I go with Sunbird I will pack sardine and dill pickle sandwiches to keep him out. Might drop a big rat trap in the cooler to keep him out, too. Maybe lace 1 sandwich with Exlax and not tell him which one......

18. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Ya know Steve at your 'old' age you may forget which one you laced!!:eek:oooh:

19. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    :smile2::smile2::smile2:

20. steve_b124

steve_b124 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Sunbird,

At my "old age" I don't need exlax. Had a neighbors dog once that always tore up my garbage cans and scattered trash all over the yard. The neighbor swore his dog wouldn't do that, even though I had seen it. One morning I put a whole square of exlax between to pieces of bread and layed it on top of my trash can. When I came home for lunch the dog was in the neighbors yard howling and dragging his butt across the ground. My trash was never turned over again. That dog would start into my yard and the stop, look, turn and run away.