OKAY EVERYONE#2......SPIDERWIRE fishing line V.S. Power Pro Fishing Line

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by LEROYDOZOIS, Nov 10, 2008.

1. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I KNOW AND TRUST SPIDERWIRE BUT IM CURIOUS ABOUT HOW IT COMPARES TO PP

IM BUYING SOME OF EITHER BRAND 2MARO SO IM CURIOUS

LETS HEAR IT EVERYONE !!!!!!!!!!!

2. alton

alton New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I am not sure exactly which spiderwire braid you are looking at, but I have tried #50 and #65 Stealth and the result was terrible. Power Pro is superior in every way to Stealth. Any other braid, I cannot comment. Good luck.

3. mrmarkedwards

mrmarkedwards Active Member

State:
    Delaware
    in my opinion spiderwire is better suited for baitcasters i tried it twice and was almost convinced i would never use braid on a spinning reel. then a friend of mine talked into using power pro and i still wasn't sold until i decided to give it one more try on a headboat out of jersey we were fishing in 80 ft of water and everyone around me had to use 8oz to hold bottom while i went as light as 4oz and in 80 feet of water the sensitivity was amazing i was semi convinced. the clincher for me was the next year i used in a surf fishing tournament and finished 7th. i was sold from then on but i switched to suffix braid it has 6 strands compared to pp's 4. last spring i was fishing the bay and noticed some guys catching fish about 230-250yds out and using braid,small baits, and clipped down rigs i got into them too. me? i'm sold on braid and i hope this helps

4. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona

WELL I HAD 2 CHOICES THIS MORNING

I COULD GO EITHER WITH 30LB PP OR 50 LB SPIDERWIRE STEALTH ($14.01)TOTAL

I WAS GOING TO GO ATLEAST WITH 50 SO PP WAS OUT OF THE QUESTION AND ALSO I GOT 150YDS WITH STEALTH AND ONLY 125 YDS OF PP FOR 15.00 :confused2:

I KNOW STEALTH IS PRETTY DURABLE BECASUE I USED IT AS LEADER MATERIAL BEFORE AND SNAGED A FLOATING STUMP FROM SHORE THAT WEIGHED 38 LBS ( WE WEIGHED IT BECAUSE I PULLED IN IN WITH 8 LB MONO ( WE THINK FISH FIGHT ):roll_eyes:AND I PULLED IT ON SHORE WITH THE 40 LB SPIDERWIRE LEADER......

I HAVE NEVER USED IT AS MAINLINE BUT LOOKS PROMISING :wink:

5. Trahviiz

Trahviiz Member

State:
    Indianapolis
    I never have liked Spider Wire. The line dug into the reel a lot. I never have that problem with PowerPro. It also seems to break easier than PowerPro, imo.

6. motard1

motard1 New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    I hate spider wire. Power Pro Sparky.

7. catfishguy

catfishguy New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    I have 65# and 80# Spiderwire braid. I have 50# and 80# PowerPro braid. I much prefer the PowerPro braid. It is rounder, casts better, ties MUCH better, takes up less room on the spool, resists abrasion better, did I miss anything. I bought the Spiderwire really wanting to like it. It is strong, but it is not nearly as user friendly as the PowerPro. If you compare it side by side you'll see what I mean. I think you'll still like the Spiderwire though. The 50# test is a good size for that brand.

8. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    i used the 80# spiderwire stealth and switched to the 80# power pro, the power pro just seems stronger and held up better, it costs a little more but is worth it IMO.

9. ninrugger

ninrugger New Member

State:
    WI
    i do a lot of bass fishing with both.....and you can throw in sufix braid and stren super braid.

as far as spiderwire stealth and power pro, i've had good luck with both. the latest spool of spiderwire i bought i noticed the braid wasn't quite as tight as usual though....might have been a bad spool. i've never had real bad problems with braid digging into the spool with either type....unless i do something stupid like try to pull out of a tree with out tying the line to something to pull with....or trying to launch a half ounce lure into the wind without adjusting my spool tension and get a terrible backlash. just pack that braid on as tight as you can and you'll be fine.

i'm looking forward to trying the new fireline braid with tracer coloration this summer.....hopefully it's better than the original fireline...

10. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I have used both and wont buy spider wire again it tends to bind on the spool and ratt easey on thee ole baitcasters but power pro is the bomb but expensive to line 10 reels so I have went back to mono and were gettin long fine!:roll_eyes:

11. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Ok Sleek, you've been askin about PP on a lot of threads and you've been told the same thing over and over.......

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/search.php?searchid=1987242

.......... I say it's time to buy the best and try for yourself .

Like I've said in your other threads don't go under #50 pp or it wont hold up on abrasion .

-Jim-

12. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    100% Power-Pro, nothing better !!! :eek:oooh:

13. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    I've also tried spiderwire in the past, but prefer 50 or 65 lb power pro for all the reasons stated above. :smile2:

14. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    And the verdict is in there ya have it folks!:wink:

15. wneubauer

wneubauer New Member

State:
    McKinney, TX
    I like PP as well. 300 yrds of 50 lb is 20.00 at my local Academy... less than the Spiderwire, I think...