Okatibbee 3/27

Discussion in 'Crappie Fishing' started by Stevej, Mar 27, 2006.

1. Stevej

Stevej New Member

State:
    East-central Mississippi
    Went out today for the first time in over 2 weeks and caught 15 with only one slab, the others were from 10" to 11 1/2". We got a big rain 20th and 22st and the lake jumped up about 3' and they have been slowly pulling it back down, down 2 1/2' the last few days. Pink/white was the hot color for me even tho the water was pretty brown. Tried chartruse on one pole and didn't get a touch so put pink/wht on that one too. Was tightlining with a pole in each hand. Water was 59 degrees and some of the males were starting to show color, looks like if the weather stays warm they will be heading to the spawn. Fish came out of 6 to 9 feet of water.

2. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    15 ain't bad, Steve! Do you ever tightline with more than one jig? Sometimes I'll rig up with 2 or 3 jigs, allows me to try different sizes & colors and find out sooner what's working that day.

3. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    I always fish a double. Even if I can't find the killer color it does increace my catch just having a vaiety out there.

4. Stevej

Stevej New Member

State:
    East-central Mississippi
    I went back the next day and used 2 jigs on each line and caught 17 in 2 1/2 hrs. fishing in about the same places. Color did not seem to matter yesterday like it did Monday. They are moving toward the spawn for sure. Seems like I always catch 90% of my fish on the bottom jig.