OK,You Car Nuts

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Phil Washburn, Jul 21, 2008.

1. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
  2. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    i got 15 right..

3. dafin

dafin New Member

State:
    Manhattan,Kan
    I got 14 right also

4. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Where were the props? :crazy:

5. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Pretty :cool2: l'il quiz there, Phil. I only got 9 right, but that's not too bad for a girl is it? :big_smile: :wink:

6. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Ain't sayin,But there wasn't near enough ford products in there ,.:smile2:

7. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Awww come on Richard, tell us tell us! I'll say this, the questions with Chevy as an answer.....I only got one correct. :embarassed::smile2:

8. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Might have got three ,I never been around the other makes much,Got one mopar an one chev right tho :wink:

9. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Tanya did better than me! :confused2: I got 8. Guess that's why I don't work on cars. :smile2: I have before, and the results were usually not very good. I have been known to beat cars with wrenches. :eek:oooh:

10. Kat-tamer

Kat-tamer New Member

State:
    Missouri
    That's also why I take my POS to the shop, even for an oil change!:smile2:

Didn't even try the quiz yet. Maybe tomorrow.
    I bet I can tell the harmonic balancer considering mine has been replaced 3 times in the last 2 years!:eek:oooh:

11. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

That doesn't sound right Sheila. There's obviously somethin' else going wrong that your mechanic isn't finding, it that thing's had to be replaced 3 times in 2 years.

Also, birthday gift for Matt in two words: technical manual (for your make/model car :wink:)

12. Kat-tamer

Kat-tamer New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Actually it was under warrenty, so it was replaced with the same brand the second time. This time, still under warrenty, but they made the parts house give us a different brand and still warrenty it. So I aint paid for the last 2.:big_smile:

He has manuals, it's his temper that causes the problems!:smile2: That's about the only thing he has a temper with, cars. (well, and the cat:wink:)

13. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    I fail at identifying motors. Let's have a spelling bee instead.

14. Big Vic

Big Vic New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I got 11 cool site thanks for shareing :cool2:

15. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana

Don't feel bad, many years ago my wife had an 82 Cad. I was changing a thermostat in it. They used tec screws without never seize. Steel and aluminum fused together. I was so mad, I kicked the grill out of that car.

I thought I was mad, but not as mad as the wife when she seen I kicked the grill out of her car. My boy saved me and got another grill and put it in. lol lol

Oh I got 8 right

LOL

16. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I can work on a carburated Chevy small block. That is it. It took me 8 hours to put a starter on a Skylark once, and much of that was locating the starter lol. Couldn't touch it with my hand, could barely see part of it, so had to take off the intake (side mounted EFI 4 banger). I was seriously surprised it ever ran again. That was the last car I ever worked on...almost 10 years ago. :confused2::smile2:

17. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    i definantly aint a car guy.only got 7

18. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    in all honesty, i didn't recognize several of those engines i got right.:embarassed: the pics weren't real good at showing most features. i got a couple right by looking at accessories, such as alternator, to recognize make of engine. ford, mopar, and gm alternators are easy to tell apart.....also, is distributor in front or back....one i got by identifying the ford carburetor:wink::big_smile:

19. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

You beat me, I was gettin' ready to fess up myself. Can't say I "recognized" most of the ones I got right, not even the parts helped me too much.

I hope that some of what I knew was actually in my brain (memories I didn't realize I had from car shows and such, and seeing pictures). Some of those engines in the quiz looked quite fancied up to me.

So mostly, I just sat here for a minute and studied each pic....tried to choose the engine name that seemed to fit it the best. Ah, the powers of observation. :wink::big_smile:

20. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    I got 1 right and it was a guess, as they all were.

The only engine I ever did a complete overhaul was a 1962 4 cylinder Morris Minor... most on here probably never heard of one of those. :smile2: