Ok What are you munching on while fishing?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by vince, Jan 5, 2007.

1. vince

vince New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Ok! I have to ask what is the best food to take while fishing? and How many coffee drinkers are there?
    The reason I ask is I have a good friend that when ever we go fishing together he always out does me when it comes to food..
    When fishing an all nighter sometimes the bait looks good. So now I've learn to pack food for an extra person just in case fishing is better than you thought...I like ham sandwiches and ho ho's...and a gallon of coffee!
    and dont forget the jerky..

Vince

2. CoonX

CoonX Member

State:
    Oklahoma City O
    The old standby, Vienna Sausages always goes fishing.

3. Memphis_Catfish_King

Memphis_Catfish_King New Member

State:
    Memphis,TN
    chips and w/e is in cabnets and fridge lol

4. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    I agree with both. Jerky and vienna sausage with saltine crackers. Your choice of drinks to wash it down.

My wife. (mrs. neocats) eats M&M's for good luck. It works 50/50. She caught the biggest fish in 2005 but not 2006.

5. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    Just about any kind of little debbies or snickers makes great snacks. My buddy Dave always has some sandwiches. Mountain Dew is my drink of choice. Vern

6. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    peanut butter crackers, ham and swiss sandwiches, and a gallon of sweet tea! you cant beat it.

7. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I dont drink coffee, but I do take sandwiches, soda, cake, chicken, or someother food.

8. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Most of the time I don't take anything to eat with me fishing. I just make sure I always have my gallon jug of cold water with me. If I've got time to be eating,I'm not catching enough fish. I can always eat when I get home,but I can't fish when I get home! When I go fishing I go for one reason,and one reason only,and that's catching fish,and lots of them. Sometimes it works,sometimes it doesn't,that's why it's called fishing,and not catching!!
    Just my 2 cents worth,but that's exactly how I feel about fishing.

9. catmanofohio

catmanofohio New Member

State:
    Aberdeen (Southern Ohio)
    hmm jerky goes good with the outdoors, umm water, and some soda, any little debbie snacks... cook the fish u catch on the creek fire!( 1 5 lber will feed u through the night) lol and a pack of hotdogs... maybe some bread? usually thats what we take when we go camping/fishing

10. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    Beef jerky and shad scales.

11. dankitch

dankitch New Member

State:
    Henderson,
    Always sunflower seeds and Mountain Dew. Sometimes I will take some jerky. If I am going to be out for a long time I will take a sandwich or two and some chips. And i also might take some Little Debbie cakes.

12. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    nothing once i put my liver smelling fingers near my nose the last thing I was to do is eat. but I do try to drink a coke.

13. rich-online

rich-online New Member

State:
    California
    I've stopped eating while fishing for catfish. For some reason, everything tastes like bait :wink:

14. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    welcome to the BOC vince , i take combos the pizza ones and a 12 pack of mountian dews

15. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    most of the time i dont take anything

16. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Hi Vince! Welcome to the Brotherhood of Catfishermen family. We're glad to have you! Usually for all night tournament fishing some of my homemade smoked chicken salad, or perhaps smoked salmon salad goes along with crackers of some sort, grapes or apples with peanut butter, lots of bottled water, and some sausage biscuits and COFFEE for those wee morning hours when your stomach starts hurting and your eyelids start drooping :big_smile:! If I'm lucky enough to have some venison tenderloin, I'll make some tidbits. (if you're interested, the recipe is in the Jen's Cauldron forum - thread title "My favorite venison recipe".) They're even good cold. I must admit that I do like a can of Beanie Weenies on occasion though :roll_eyes:. If it's going to be a really chilly night and there's hot food available at the marina, it might be fried chicken or something along those lines. I love to fish, but I find time to EAT :smile2:.

17. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Beside the nomal things like Water & Sandwiches, I like to munch on "Sunflowerseeds or Beef Jerky".
    :hungry:

Take it easy,
    Bert:cool2: & Shaina:0010:

:worship: :0a23:
    Bert & Phil

18. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    You guys are barbarians!:wink:

I want to fish in Catgirl's boat!:lol:

19. FishBrew

FishBrew New Member

State:
    North Texas
    aaaaahhhhhh Catgirl, you ever see me on the water, please get my attention: honk, shout, or throw something at me ... I'll trade ya bait for dinner. :big_smile:

water, sandwich, and some type of candy bar tend to find room in the cooler.

20. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Since my wife fishes with me a lot, we usualy take a cooler and fill it with sandwich material, chips, and all kinds of stuff. I have found that if I keep her happy, and bait her hook, take her fish off, she will keep the food and drinks coming so I don't have to handle the stuff but to eat it. And besides she keeps going and so we will take what ever she want.