OK to launch here

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by Pacman, Dec 23, 2007.

1. Pacman

Pacman New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Lets go positive on info on boat landings. We have got lots of info on where NOT to go. If the weather breaks, I still am not sure where I can put in.
    Help your fellow fishermen who have to drive a long ways to fish. What landings are still OK to launch a pontoon/jon boat?

2. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Dewayne, I can't say anything much about the upper lake, since I haven't been there lately, but you can launch on the diversion canal at Canal Lakes, or Hill's Landing, then move into lake marion, or go down to lake moultrie. There is a shallow area between channel marker 30 & 31, I think, for a short distance, marked by nun buoys. On the lower lake, about the only place to launch is at Short Stay ($5 for civilians). Wish I could tell you more about Lake Marion, but I just haven't been there lately, and you can't rely on the Santee Cooper website info totally, since it seems to lag behind a little.

3. ga_sportsman

ga_sportsman New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I know you cant at Haay's as of the other day.

4. ga_sportsman

ga_sportsman New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Sorry about the spelling.Harry's is what I meant.

5. maddkatz22

maddkatz22 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Alex Harvin on hwy 260 has one ramp that is pretty good. We unloaded the other day and did not even have to get the tires on the truck wet.