OK THIS IS GETTING RIDICULOUS!!!!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL IOWA TALK' started by lookin_4_moby, May 7, 2009.

1. lookin_4_moby

lookin_4_moby New Member

State:
    Guthrie, OK
    I'm so sick of people telling me that they caught blues in downtown des moines. I've told them till I turned blue :sad2:and the jokes of catfisherman still won't believe that they're only found in the missouri and mississippi. I've gone so far as to printing off of the DNR where it says when they were introduced and that there's hasn't been any recorded for over 15 years in the interior rivers of iowa. We need to educate the dumb a#ses to the difference between a true BLUE cat and the BLUE color phase male channel catfish. I try to tell the to count the spines because that's the easiest way to tell the difference besides the head or the actual BLUE color is different. this isn't really a helpful post I just had to do some venting because I was about to explod:angry:!!!! Maybe I'll print of pictures of both and how to tell them a part and tape them on every bridge and fishing spot I drive by. Tell me what you guys think, I'm not even originally from here and I know this why don't these seasoned iowa catfisherman know this?

2. Iowa_Josh

Iowa_Josh New Member

State:
    Central Iowa
    It doesn't take a genius to throw a hook in the water. I like to talk about fishing and think about it and I have found out over time that I am in the minority. There are a few Iowans who take fishing seriously and they mostly don't go after mr. whiskers. They buy a nice boat and bypass some of the idiots but they have to deal with the ones at boat ramps so it isn't a clear victory.

3. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Take a DEEP BREATH......better now? We'll see you at the MO Gathering in a week.:smile2: Drink a cold one and relax, I think you need a vacation my man.:big_smile:

4. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    yeah i've heard them say it too. i just nod my head, knowing that it's wrong. they'll never listen. they 'know' what they're talking about...

5. lookin_4_moby

lookin_4_moby New Member

State:
    Guthrie, OK
    yeah I do need a vacation and the gathering is right up my alley:big_smile:. I've tried to prove to them but I'm goin to have to take marcus' approach. let em think what they want. It just eats at me people could be completely wrong and be so sure that they're right. drives me nutts the wife does it to me too lol but atleast she admits later when she's wrong

6. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    Exactley!!!! You can't tell the SOB's nothing... they wouldn't understand it anyway, I have been telling this story for years and maybe one of the "relaxed brain" degenerates understood what I was "trying" to say!

7. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
  8. FLATHEAD STEVE

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    sorry bro but the last proven sighting of a blue cat around these parts was in 1972, and that's the year they introduced them.........DAMN IT IM TELLING THAT STORY AGAIN!!! That fish would be alot bigger for being here for 30 years

9. lookin_4_moby

lookin_4_moby New Member

State:
    Guthrie, OK
  10. FLATHEAD STEVE

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    I can already tell by the little curvature of the anal fin that it is a male channel cat

11. FLATHEAD STEVE

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    That's not the same artical I read a few years back.

12. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    I was just kidding fellas. Just trying to keep it interesting. Preston is right, I read through the Iowa DNR, and it said no blues have been confirmed for over 10 yrs. At least youve got some big flatheads. Good luck fishing this season Preston and Steve. Stick a pig !!!! Come down here sometime, and we'll go chase some blues. Take Care fellas. :big_smile:

13. FLATHEAD STEVE

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA

YOU DOG YOU!!!!!!!!!! Preston is high strung as it is!!! LMAO!! is that really a blue? LOL!! REPS TO YA!

14. lookin_4_moby

lookin_4_moby New Member

State:
    Guthrie, OK

maybe they updated it not sure that's the only article I could find on them on the dnr site.

15. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Steve your wrong buddy. That is a 100% Kansas River bluecat. Im not a river novice, I know the difference between Channels and Blues. :smile2::wink:

16. lookin_4_moby

lookin_4_moby New Member

State:
    Guthrie, OK

yeah it's a blue look at its head and how long the anal fin is

17. FLATHEAD STEVE

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    Sorry bro! I am looking at it with one eye!!! THANKS NATTY ICE!!! made me look like a dumbass once again LOL!!!!!!!!

18. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Steve, that pic of the dam by the bridge in your profile, do you catch blues there? Looks like your pretty high up off the water.

19. lookin_4_moby

lookin_4_moby New Member

State:
    Guthrie, OK
    i'm not going to lie though you had me second guessin myself for a minute. I was trying to figure out how to get my foot outa my mouth:smile2: good one bro

20. FLATHEAD STEVE

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    actually "that day" we could use a dip net to land them. There is a wall that the rods are resting on that is no more than 3-4 feet from the water, I am one of the best cameramen known to mankind!!!............ In all reality I had a bad hangover that morning and took the pic while sitting on my ass trying to stay awake!!! LOL!!! Thats what gives it it's unique look. LOL!