Ok Marowbone Lake

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by bdporch, Nov 2, 2008.

1. bdporch

bdporch New Member

State:
    tennessee
    Has anyone ever fished marrowbone lake? i went up there u can rent a boat without motor for 5 bucks a day. wondering if theres any god cats been caught there? any help would be appreciated.

2. Catfishnewbie08

Catfishnewbie08 New Member

State:
    TN
    I've fished Marrowbone Lake a few times, though I've never really specifically tried fishing just for catfish. Its a pretty good all round lake for just about anything: bass, crappies, shellcrackers, and trout. Talk to the old timer who runs the baitshop at Marrowbone for TWRA. He told me that there is good catfish to be found in the lake and there are pictures on the walls of the shop to prove it. He'll tell you where to go and how to catch them. Nice fella, always chewing on a cigar. Theres pretty good fishing right from the bank behind the shop, the channel goes by real close. I've caught nice shellcrakers and trout out of that spot. I've seen some people jug fish that lake. Also, beware of the moving logs in the the shallows. They ain't logs, they're MONSTER Isreali Carp. I nearly crapped my pants when I saw them swim by my rental boat. I swear they were nearly as long as the boat! The old timer told me they get like 50 to 60 lbs and are nearly impossible to catch.

Overall, its a nice, quiet pretty lake with very little people, so you pretty much got the place to yourself. I'd go more often if it wasn't so far from my place. Good luck and let me know how you do!

3. bdporch

bdporch New Member

State:
    tennessee
    Thanks newbie for the useful information. I saw the ol timer there but he was busy so i didnt talk much. Got my own trolling motor and battery way cheaper to rent a boat than pay for gas to pull mine lol. I gona try there some this winter and spring. Where in tn you at newbie? maybe you close to me we hook up go fishing.