Ok look in here all WV guys.

Discussion in 'LOCAL WEST VIRGINIA TALK' started by Jerry60k, Mar 6, 2009.

1. Jerry60k

Jerry60k Member

State:
    Chelyan, West V
    So where is everyone from? I know of a few guys but theres some new faces posting around the board more often.

I live down in Chelyan by Cabin Creek,Anyone near this area or Charleston drop me a pm and I will give ya my number.

2. westvirginiacatfish

westvirginiacatfish New Member

State:
    Ronceverte
    I live in Ronceverte now. Hoping to move back down by dad's farm on the other side of Alderson. I don't like living in town.

3. corklabus

corklabus New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    I'm up at Hico near Midland Trail School. I'm about as close to a town that I plan on getting to also. Never did care much for livin real close to other folks.
    I don't get out as much as I'd like to sometimes, but I try to get out as much as I can.

4. westvirginiacatfish

State:
    Ronceverte

I don't like the living close to people thing either. My dad has a little over 220 acres. It's nice place and no one around to bother you. Hope to get back to boonies soon.:smile2::wink:

5. Jacksmooth

Jacksmooth Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Im in the eastern panhandle! Wish I was farther south though! Its getting crowded up here!

6. westvirginiacatfish

State:
    Ronceverte

Sometimes it seems like every where you go anymore it's getting crowded.:wink:

7. catfishguy

catfishguy New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Huntington. I am in the middle of 99 % bass fishermen down here. It kills me. I get asked if I fish and I say yes. They automatically assume I mean that I fish for bass. I guess I do, but mainly because if I want to go fishing with anyone around here they all want to do is bass fish. I guess it's better than nothing, but I want to catfish!:confused2::0a35:

8. wvmedic

wvmedic New Member

State:
    WV
    I'm from St. Albans.

9. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Barboursville area.

"I am in the middle of 99 % bass fishermen down here."

You say that like it is a bad thing. :wink: Less competition for the good spots!!:smile2:

Lemme hook ya up with that 12 fter I need rid of and you will not need to bum a float.

10. wvmedic

wvmedic New Member

State:
    WV
    Hey corklabus, my Daughter and Son-n-law live in Hico.

I'm going to try the lake this year as soon as I can get the boat redy for the water, I have'nt been on the lake in 30 years or better.

11. archer1914

archer1914 New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    st. albans mostly but have been staying in marmet lately dont know the spots as well and getting bait is even more of a mystery here i work alot 2 jobs so if you can give me a hint to some decent spots let me know been looking at a spot under the cheylan bridge next to the barges

12. Jerry60k

Jerry60k Member

State:
    Chelyan, West V
    Hey Archer I can hook you up with some fishing spots.I live within a few minutes walk from Chelyan bridge.I have fished there quite a bit but havent caught a single catfish there.I havent given up yet tho.
    I went last night with a friend and caught a few walleye there.

13. allena

allena New Member

State:
    WV/Preston Co.
    I`m in a little place called Tunnelton WV. About 30 miles south of Morgantown. I fish the Tygart River and also hit South branch of the Potomac around Romney.

14. flying_v_64

flying_v_64 New Member

State:
    NC
    I live in Western NC but i was born & raised in Wyoming County. Pineville area.

15. brew1961

brew1961 New Member

State:
    West Virgi
    I'm located in the northern panhandle just north of Wheeling. I fish the Ohio River mostly but plan on fishing lakes in WV & Ohio. Nice to see posts from fellow Mountaineers! Good Luck This year!

16. hunterhnc20

hunterhnc20 Member

State:
    Buffalo, West V
    I live in Buffalo, Putnam County. I fish mostly on the Kanawha River.

17. Concept

Concept New Member

State:
    Huntington, West Virginia
    I live in Huntington. Just really getting into the good catfishing.

Usually fish Beech Fork Lake, cross into KY and fish Yatesville and Grayson lakes sometimes. I hit the Big Sandy and Ohio rivers on occasion.

18. archer1914

archer1914 New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    all i have heard about last couple of days is all the carp up in the head of cabin creak took a look there is alot they are there spawning from the action i saw going on dont think they would bite on any thing but i saw where people had been shooting them with bows left them laying there any body else been thru there

19. Jerry60k

Jerry60k Member

State:
    Chelyan, West V
    Even though I live in Chelyan I try my best to stay away from Cabin Creek theres a few nice people there but it seems the majority are still stuck in the 70's holler mentality and it sickens me.

I might just have to ride up there today and check it out I would love to find some small carp in the 1-2 lb range for bait.

Kinda like going to Marmet locks this time of year.I witnessed perhaps 50 under limit bass on stringers down there yesterday and in another month everyone down there will start complaining about the DNR and the lack of fish
    as always.

20. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I live in Richmond KY but grew up in Clarksburg WV and fish the West Fork River when I am home . Afew times a year and sometimes stay a week at a time .