ok its time and i need help

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by natethe great, May 23, 2008.

1. natethe great

natethe great New Member

State:
    North carolina
    ok guys and gals imma junior in high school and will be a seniior next year and in the state of nc you have to do a senior project well ive decided to make fish houses/condos for protection and to live in only problem is i dont even have a rough idea of how to make them i have to put in 20 hours of service and log it on the way well i really need some help cause im lost id like to keep it kinda cheap so also if you would please consider that well like i said im lost
    :tounge_out: so please help any idea would help

2. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    Well Nathen beore you build something remember that you have to sink it. If it's made from wood, you have to add alot of weight to sink it. Another problem is getting it out there. The only solution is having a small barge towed by your boat. I would love to sick some good structure. The main problem is getting it out there.

3. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    nate i will be more than happy to help you in making some cement reef's for the lake. if you do a goggle search on man made reefs and structures you can get some good ideas

4. natethe great

natethe great New Member

State:
    North carolina
    k thanks guys ill post more info as time comes and when i get some good ideas

5. fishnstik

fishnstik New Member

State:
    nc
    ............ has alot of info and how to!

6. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Nat, you can easily use old concrete pipe or pieces of it. It creates an excellent spawning structure for catfish, and obviously they sink easily. You want to be sure to put them in areas that have fairly firm bottoms so that they do not become filled with silt.

7. natethe great

natethe great New Member

State:
    North carolina
    good idea well i believe ive landed on 2 different ones that im going to do large pvc ones and also sink a couple of willow trees if i can find them