OK I'm ready for a different sonar

Discussion in 'Fishing Electronics Review' started by Majesticman, May 7, 2006.

1. Majesticman

Majesticman New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I have a Humminbird matrix that I am sick of. I constantly have to work with it to get a good reading. I am looking at Lowrance.

Help me find one that you don't have to mess with constantly. I am wanting to spend around $500-$600.

2. bearcat

bearcat Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    If you are going to spend that much you can get a nice lowrance with the GPS built in. I have an older lowrance LMS320 and it works really good. They have made alot of nice improvements since then. You might look at the colored ones also.Check the big online stores and see what features you need. There are lots to choose from.

3. Catter

Catter New Member

State:
    Osceola, Arkansas
    Which Matrix do ya have? If it's the 47 I may be interested if ya get another.

Joe

4. Majesticman

Majesticman New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I think it is a 37. It has side scanning (not side imaging) on it.

5. Greg Walters

Greg Walters New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Mark,

Let me know what problems you have been having with your Matrix 37 and maybe I can help.

Greg Walters at Humminbird
    gwalters@johnsonoutdoors.com

6. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Take a look at the Lowrance XM17.Go to their website and pull up the emulator for that model and play with it to your hearts content.It is the best Black and White model out there IMHO.If you want color that is possible also but it might not have all the bells and whistles.In any case you can try out any of their models right there on your computer.:smile2: