ok im going to head out to fish/try out new motor

Discussion in 'GEORGIA RIVERS TALK' started by runabout199, Feb 15, 2009.

1. runabout199

runabout199 New Member

State:
    Cartersville, G
    dont know where ill end up but ill put a report out when i get home. just wanna get boat in water and run the motor a bit before i go all out and stick it in the river. since i did get a lower hp than my 9.9 but im sure 6 hp will do fine. ill probally head to the oost more than likely thats one of my favorite rivers and it should be up right now cause of rain. ill fish for some lm and some cats maybe get lucky and get a stripe or 2. ill post report later. :cool2:

2. runabout199

runabout199 New Member

State:
    Cartersville, G
    sry so long to post back i went to oost and river was up. motor ran great not as much push as the 9hp but enough to get me around. having a second person in boat might prove to be really slow though. i cant express how nice it was to have a motor fire right up and run lol:smile2: i caught 1 small channel right off the bat and then a 2 lbs blue later in the day. i also was at 140 br yesterday getting sand to pan and the river is now way up should be nice to go some time soon. was going to go to coosa today with a friend but its to windy today:sad2: maybe tomorrow. if i go ill post and hopefully have some pics