OK I'll ASK

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by BIG GEORGE, Dec 27, 2005.

1. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    I've seen various types of symbols and groups of symbols at the ends of certain messages and at the beginning. Not being the most computer literate person could someone explain these to me. Is there a hidden meaning or greeting of some sort intended by them? Here is an example of one I just saw at the bottom of a post I read.

><##))'< ~---------------^--^---^----^-----6===

If its a secret sort of computer handshake I would be interested in learning its meaning and the meaning of others I have seen so I can tell if someone is tellin me to kiss their butt, or they are just sayin HI. LOL!
    Bein the old fart that I am I have always preferred usein words to get my message accross.
    THANX!

2. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    George,
    The symbols in your example (I think) represent, left-to right a fish
    ><##))'< about to bite a hook (don't know how to make the wavy line) that is attached to the fishing line ----------------------------- which goes to the rod ^--^---^----^-----^------6==== the ^ being the guides, the 6 being the reel and the ===== being the handle. I think they are just ways for REALLY nerdy computer types to be a bit artistic :p . Of course I could be wrong and it's a secret message that only the smart people understand! I too am less than proficient on the computer so don't feel alone. There are more of us than you might think...W

3. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    P.S.... really like the new Billy Gibbons look!!!!!!!

4. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Why thank you Winston. Maybe studs like us need to start up a code. LOL! Either that or let us in on the code book.

5. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    really nerdy types huh?:rolleyes:

after your explaination of the symbol (BGTOP) BG=BILLY GIBBONS....LOL showed
    us i thought it was kind of clever .
    i used this a few times and only for the sake of being a fishing enthusiest
    <OOo< its pretty straight forward not too hard to figure out.

before the smilys i guess is where these symbols came from
    =) :( :/ ;) .) :p = faces 5th one is cyclops:p sorry mike had to do it!
    i look at it as just trying to be a little different .
    along the same lines as rftf eh BG LOL

6. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    The only symbols/code I can come up with are these. :cursing: :eek: :wub: :D

7. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    The majority of us are old farts or well on the way to being old farts.
    If you got to speak in some sort of code I really think you are in the wrong place cause I know I aint.

8. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    bout the only codes I'm use too is smily face's and one that has a finger in it. I see that now and then. :glare: Other than that, got me.

9. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    I been tryin' to figure that one out to Big G. I'm not hip at all to this sort of stuff. Hell it took me about a month to figure out ROTFLMAO and IMHO . I think Winston has it right. Looks good to me, anyway. IMOI'd also like to say : I dig the BG look ya got goin' on also, Sir.