Ok, I was wrong!

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by Kutter, Aug 21, 2008.

1. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Recently, a member mentioned that he was basically run out of the Flam City River Access. Having spoken to both the Water Patrol and a Conservation Agent about this before, I mentioned to the member that the MDC owns the land, City of Arnold manages it & use of the ramp and fishing in the access area was a lawful endeavor which one could not be run out of the park for. Even the MO Conservationist Magazine mentioned that as long as you were using the area for fishing or boat access, you would not have to vacate the area after dark. My head swelled showing off my knowledge of such things! Time to hang my head and backpedal.

First, I spoke with individual Police Officers who work this area. Then I contacted the MDC in Jefferson City. Then I contacted the Arnold City Administrator. In all this talking, it became readily apparent that times have changed since I originally got my info. MDC now allows the City of Arnold to make whatever rules they desire in regards to Flamm City Access. As of this moment, Flamm City Access ramp is closed one half hour after sunset. If you come back to the ramp later than that to get off the river, you can be ticketed. (Not likely though). I say as of now, because the City Administrator agrees that current regulation is putting an undue hardship on catfishermen who regularly fish late into the night. He is in the process of working with both the Parks Department & with the Police Department to tweek the rules to allow us to use the ramp. I'll let you all know when this has been completed. Sorry for the mix up. I was unaware that MDC had turned over the regulation of the area to Arnold.

2. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Wow, that must have hurt...:smile2: Thanks for the update!

3. kennylee

kennylee New Member

State:
    Missouri -
    Kutter, thanks for your diligence and keeping us informed.

4. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Wow! Thanks for the information Kutter! I'd Thank you too, but alas I have used my 10!

That's interesting, do they lock the gates at dark as well? If they do and you come back to the ramp from fishing the Miss., then what do you do? Call the police department and risk getting a ticket?

5. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Well, actually, there isn't a gate. At the moment, the river is so low the whole point is mute.

6. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Well you learn something new every day. I thought it was kept up by the conservation dept. Thanks for digging deeper Kutter. I believe there is egg on my face as well.

7. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Damn Tom I bet it took at least 2 big shots of Tennessee's finest before you typed that huh..

8. stump jumper

stump jumper New Member

State:
    illinois
    il buy a round as long as its the finest ,make them doubles , thanks tom:smile2:

9. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Thats all Tom drinks is the best.. Except for that homemade wine experiment..

10. Dredge

Dredge Member

State:
    Arnold,Missouri
    If this rain keeps up,we might get lucky and raise the water to useable levels.At least for a few days.We can only hope.

11. eflow

eflow New Member

State:
    IL.
    Bring on the rain except for Sat. around 3pm to 12am. PLEASE!

12. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    My, My, I sure never knew you two were such big fans. By the way, minor detail, but Old Crow is not born in TN, it's conjured up in KY.:wink:

13. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    I figured you as the Tennessee sippin whiskey type.. Did Old Crow get better.. It was a little rough around the edges back in my younger days..

14. olejer

olejer New Member

State:
    Herculaneum Mo.
    Wow they made Whiskey way back when there were dinosaures

15. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    When I drank Whiskey I used to take a liken to the Yukon Jack...but then I like to taste my alcohol. :smile2:

16. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    I thought you knew this story. Ok, I'll retell it.
    Many years ago, on a whim, I decided to find out which whiskey I would like best. (apparently, I had little brains and too much money at the time) I purchased several dozen different fifths, one of about every brand I could find. Then, over a period of about 6 months, I "blind test" compared them, till I came out with a winner. It, as you can guess, turned out to be Old Crow.

17. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    Old Crow? I have to ask Tom how drunk were you when you came up with that conclusion?

18. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    If you look real close, Mike, I made sure to not say Old Crow was the best, only that I found it to be the one I like best. Up until my testing, I would never have dreamed it myself. I just assumed Jack or something would have made it. One would have thought that price or big name would have accounted for at least something. Alas, my taste buds saw it differently. I shouldn't complain, Old Crow aint the cheapest, but it aint far from it.:wink:

19. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    It's amazing what things you pick when you can't see a name on it isn't it.. Probably be able to live alot cheaper if we tried that on other things..

20. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    I tried that once, Harold, but my wife caught me.:wink: