Ok, I gotta get to the river

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by Scott7m, Jul 13, 2009.

1. Scott7m

Scott7m New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I'm wanting to hit a good river spot over the next week. I normally don't fish the river for cats but was wondering what I should take with me. I've got the rods/reels and all that terminal gear covered. How about as far as bait goes? I've got a couple dozen big ol goldfish and a few carp left. Would shrimp or shad be another good thing to take?

Anyone have an idea or reccomendaton of a good place to hit in the next week with the current conditions we have now.

2. seahaggy

seahaggy New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Seems to me like you got it covered far as bait goes.Take all your safety gear life jackets,throw cushion, horn,fire extinguisher, oar etc... All the bait in the world won't save your life.Those Goldfish should get you hung into a big ole Flathead.:big_smile:

3. Capn Crunch

Capn Crunch New Member

State:
    Lexington,
    Scott, your goldfish and carp ought to do pretty well like Marshall said. If you really want to raid the fridge, you could grab some shrimp, hotdogs, livers/hearts, nightcrawlers, and anything spoiled that will stay on a hook.:wink::smile2: Good luck and be safe, man.