Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Banned
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am taking Matt (catfishyahoo) to a spot where I can almost promise we will hook up. It will not be big, but it will be probably between 5 and 10 pounds. I have never taken any yahoo's here before ever, and it is in town. We will be fishing from 5pm until 10-11 PM. Let me know if you want to go. You can PM me, or call me ~ Rob 602 315 4189. I would like this trip to be for anyone who hasn't ever hooked up, or has been a very long time. I will bring all my gear, if you need to use it, and I will even supply the bait. Just please don't post publicly where I take you, so the lurkers won't see this and start going there. So the first four that call or PM, will take up the slots. I will also show you how to tie knots, tie certain rigs, etc, and show you everything I know about flatheading (which is not all that much). No promises, but some will connect I am pretty sure. You will only need a State fishing license, not a Urban license.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I am taking Matt (catfishyahoo) to a spot where I can almost promise we will hook up. It will not be big, but it will be probably between 5 and 10 pounds. I have never taken any yahoo's here before ever, and it is in town. We will be fishing from 5pm until 10-11 PM. Let me know if you want to go. You can PM me, or call me ~ Rob 602 315 4189. I would like this trip to be for anyone who hasn't ever hooked up, or has been a very long time. I will bring all my gear, if you need to use it, and I will even supply the bait. Just please don't post publicly where I take you, so the lurkers won't see this and start going there. So the first four that call or PM, will take up the slots. I will also show you how to tie knots, tie certain rigs, etc, and show you everything I know about flatheading (which is not all that much). No promises, but some will connect I am pretty sure. You will only need a State fishing license, not a Urban license.
Rob rubs optional? ya sick freak:cowboy:

·
Banned
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yep, sounds like a canal trip he doesn't want anyone to know aboutl LOL
gary
Nope not a canal, little spot where there are a lot of them, just small. I only fish the canal that is 15 minutes from my house when I have to be home early, and need a fix. I have a great spot on the Lower Salt, once they start letting more water flow. I need to get out to Roosevelt and the Upper Salt more. The canal used to be really good, because it is where the Lower Salt dumps into it, but so many people fish it now locally it is ridiculous. There are a couple guys who have caught a bunch this year, and kept them all, anywhere form 2 pounds to 50 pounds, they keep them all, and fish it three times a week.

·
Banned
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Aww crap this trip is for people who have never caught one...ok then im out, last year I caught one on a 10/0 hook with about 20 worms on it... it was huge as big as my weight 8 whole oz!
Not so easy, I am changing your mind about flatheads tonight! I am pretty sure you will have a new avatar late tonight! Won't be huge, but it will be one, and then you can stop all that nasty bass talk!

·
Banned
2,337 Posts
Nope not a canal, little spot where there are a lot of them, just small. I only fish the canal that is 15 minutes from my house when I have to be home early, and need a fix. I have a great spot on the Lower Salt, once they start letting more water flow. I need to get out to Roosevelt and the Upper Salt more. The canal used to be really good, because it is where the Lower Salt dumps into it, but so many people fish it now locally it is ridiculous. There are a couple guys who have caught a bunch this year, and kept them all, anywhere form 2 pounds to 50 pounds, they keep them all, and fish it three times a week.
what do they use for bait?

·
Banned
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ok score card. We got asked to leave our bait spot, so not enough bait, so we used worms only. so with that being said. Between 6-10PM.

Faltheads - 0
Bass - 2
Channel cat (I want to throw up) - 17 in 4 hours. Damn I hate them! So next trip we will have lots more bait, and some gills out.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.