OK Fishing License Question

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by willisjj, Oct 22, 2005.

1. willisjj

willisjj Guest

I was wondering if Oklahoma has any kind of "family" fishing licence deal? Here in Arizona you can get a family deal, where you pay full price for your license, then your spouses licence is 20% off, and then all the youth licences are only $2.00 apeice. That really helps out when you have a big family, as it adds up quick by the time you start adding trout stamps and stuff. I didn't see anything about it on the Game & Fish website, but wondering if I missed it or we just don't have that kind of deal.

Not that big a deal anyway. I guess it cost more down here as you need a state licence $20, a two pole stamp $4, trout stamp $10, urban fishing license $16. Add that up then multiply by 2, plus almost the same amount for my oldest daughter and it gets expensive. Thats without even thinking of hunting. I almost have to wait for my income tax refund to pay for it all, lol.

2. oldprowler

oldprowler New Member

State:
    Mannford, Oklahoma
    I don't think that Oklahoma has any kind of deal like you were asking about. They do not however have the two pole license.

3. willisjj

willisjj Guest

Thanks. I knew they didn't have a pole limit, but I thought maybe they had something similar to this family deal. Oh well, a license is right up there with groceries, gas money, and house payment and will be worked into the budget one way or another no matter what, lol.

4. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    Jeremy,

Resident fishing licenses run 20.00 dollars plus this new 5.00 Legacy Permit. They added this 5.00 to all hunting and fishing licenses last year to purchase land but you and me will probably never get to use. :rolleyes: Anyway children 16 and under are free, no license required. Congrats on your move back to Oklahoma.

5. willisjj

willisjj Guest

Thanks for the info. I guess that will be 50 bucks for me and the wife and then my oldest is about to turn 16 so a little more there. Trout stamps, hunting licences, duck stamps, etc. etc...........lol. It doesn't matter where you are, the costs add up when you have a family. Oh well, its all for a good cause! Thanks again..........Jeremy

6. bigsammy

bigsammy New Member

State:
    Poteau ok
    Have ya considered a lifetime?.Its pricey, but it pays for itself after time.Welcome back to Oklahoma.I dont live to far from McAlester, maybe Ill see ya on the lake or river someday!Eufaula Lake is damn good fishin

7. willisjj

willisjj Guest

Thanks Sammy. Yeah, I have thought of it and I think that would be a very good item to put on my Christmas list!

8. okie_kat

okie_kat New Member

State:
    Eufaula, Ok
  9. willisjj

willisjj Guest

Thanks again Rick. For some reason I couldn't find that site. Appreciate the link!

10. mtrimble

mtrimble New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Check your municipal regs too. Here in okc you have to have a city permit in addition to your standard liscense. Must also have a city permit for any boat over 12 feet including canoes.

11. Okccatman

Okccatman New Member

State:
    Norman,Ok
    good thing about the OKC permits...... they last a full year not just til the end of the year

12. tkishkape

tkishkape New Member

State:
    Gore, Okla
    Oklahoma has instituted some new license rules this year for Veterans. 100%Disabled Veterans can purchase a Lifetime Oklahoma Combination license for $25.00.

It's about time the State of Oklahoma honors her veterans. Now, if the other 49 will do something too...

13. okie_kat

okie_kat New Member

State:
    Eufaula, Ok
    Oklahoma has had a hunting and fishing permit for Vets 60% or better for a long time they just got the wildlife dept with the program. By the way vets 10-59% can get a lifetime for 200.00 which is a good deal also.