ok brother lets talk paylakes

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by flathunter, Jul 27, 2008.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I think we all agree we dont approve of how thye get there trophy fish.

BUT, what if you had an injury, or were disabled where you could not boat fish, or make it to the better bank fishing spots.

And I mean if you could barly walk, you have the option of fishing a paylake where you can drive right up next to the water, and fish.

would you quit fishing? or would you consider going to a paylake on ocassion just to get out of the house.

Please no paylake bashing, I have done enough of it.

But with my back I might have to decide, stop fishing for the year, or go to a paylake just to wet a line. cabin fever is killing me.

2. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    alot of pros and cons with paylakes i guess some like them some hate them guess i'm in the middle i don't mind them at all yeah there are a few "bad" paylakes locally but i stay away from them i have been going to one that is close to me due to driving ( gas prices) you cant just drive up to the lake gotta walk a short distance but its rather level with your back problems i say go for it alot better than dealing with cabin fever right?

3. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    do what ya think you need to do.i still go to them every once in a while.i just try to get to the nicer ones.if people don't care for it,then thats is their opinions,don't mean a person has to listen to it,lol
    if it meant being cooped up n the house,if i didn't go to one,well i would surely be going to one.

4. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Jack, I've never fished a pay lake. But in my area there are some. None that I know of for catfish, if there were, and I was in that shape and wanted to fish that desperately, YES. I've never CAUGHT a CARP. Paylakes here I come!!!

5. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    Go fishing my man, there are good paylakes out there. They dont all eat babies. If you go to one thats bad dont go back. You can usually tell by the type of folk fishing there. Good ones try to keep the riff raff out.

6. germanmudfish

germanmudfish New Member

State:
    Gray, GA
    there comes a time in everyman's life that they have to sit down and have a nice long talk with themselves. Ask yourself the question, "Do I really care what someone else thinks about what I do?'' You say to yourself, " I know me, I know my God, and God knows my heart." If you are okay with it, and God is okay with it, then do it. Hell if I lived up that way, I would pick you up and take you myself. Go get 'um flathunter, take the camera.

7. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    This is a very valid point. I have never went to a pay lake.................have not needed to, but I am not totally against them either. I stand firm that if it is legal then I have no right to condemn people for doing it. I see this as an exceptionally fitting option for the disabled or for small children..............................Heck it is even a great option for people when the rivers are flooded! Good luck to all

8. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

I don't consider myself a good Christian Jack. Sometimes I don't even consider myself one. I don't know what you'll do with the fish you catch, if you fish a pay lake. I don't know what OTHER folks will do with fish they catch on rivers/lakes. This is just what it says.

Genesis 9

And God blessed Noah and his sons, and said to them,

"Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth. The fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth, and upon every bird of the air, upon everything that creeps on the ground and all the fish of the sea; into your hand they are delivered. Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you; and as I gave you the green plants, I give you everything."

9. JKrupp

JKrupp New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I say go for it. I would rather fish a paylake then not fish at all. I don't know where you are at in Ohio but there is only one paylake that I know of close to home here and thats in Sycamore and its a pretty respectable place. That is where I got the flathead itch after laying into a handful of big cats out there. I wouldn't care what people had to say, if they bash you for fishing a paylake, so what, put them in your position and they would do the same.

10. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Jack if your looking to catch monsters that have been caught questionably, unless you know where they got them there is plenty of spots that you can drive up to here in Columbus but you will more than likely not catch monsters. Then again if your back is bad you wont want monsters.

My advise is take it easy, if you need to fish then go but dont stress your back you dont want to ruin it forever

11. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    this is the exact post i was gonna write except i was gonna say it alittle different.:roll_eyes: YOU SHOULDN'T GIVE A RAT'S A$$ WHAT ANYONE THINKS! IT'S YOUR OWN BUSINESS, AND IF YOU WANNA GO, THEN SO BE IT! DON'T FEEL YOU NEED TO EXPLAIN ANYTHING TO ANYONE! I HOPE YOUR BACK GETS FEELING BETTER SOON JACK, GOOD FISHING TO YOU BROTHER WHEREEVER YOU CHOOSE TO WET A LINE!!!!!! ROLLO

12. x smokin joe

x smokin joe Well-Known Member

State:
    Monclova,
    Name:
    Joe
    Ok here is what I think. I personally would never go to a pay a lake. That being said , it is my choice. I can feel for you Jack, I was in the same situation 2 years ago.
    Pay lakes are legal. Its like any other business, there are those that will use a business and those that don't. Switch the name from pay lake to say, bar. There are those that are totally against drinking and they rail on and on about the drinking and driving and torn up families. Switch it to cigarettes and you have people claiming its the most evil thing in the world and biggest health threat ever.
    Everyone is entitled to an opinion, But you need to remember that things that are legal and you rail against it to "change it" then remember that when something you enjoy gets changed.
    So Jack, if you want to go fishing and that is the choice you have to make then I say do what you want to do. If anyone says pay lakes are like shooting fish in a barrel, remember Mythbusters did the shooting fish in barrel and busted it, its not as easy as it sounds.

13. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Do you need someone to tell you its OK to go fishing? Who cares what anyone else thinks...I don't. Life's too short to let other people's opinion dictate your happiness.

14. germanmudfish

germanmudfish New Member

State:
    Gray, GA
    Thats all I'm saying. And rollo, I wish I could be so blunt, brother.

15. richard dunbar

richard dunbar New Member

State:
    Washington
    Theres no shame in doing what you love even if you do have to go get the farmies. If it makes you happy and relieves stress then it should'nt matter what people think anyway. :roll_eyes::smile2:

16. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    You have my blessing .... go for it ... I have no problem with pay lakes only the way some of them have gotten some of their big fish .... The Bible also says ... "For everything there is a season" ..... and for anyone on here or elsewhere that would condem you for doing so is a narrow minded moron ..... Garry- :cool2:

17. bigjim44

bigjim44 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    I have got 2 words for ya...."GO FISH". Hopefully when you do decide to go you'll have 2 words for everyone else...."FISH ON"!

Its like everyone here is saying, it's your business and this is a free country.

The only downside to this conversation is that I won't be there fishing with you. Go have fun...and catch some for me!:wink:

18. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Let me just add to my comment earlier... I have a problem with the paylakes that are getting fish the wrong way, not a problem with those that fish at them... However, I would be upset with anyone would put forth their money towards an illegal operation if they knew that was what was happening
    ...rollo

so, just choose a well-run one jack if you do so...lol...rollo

19. doughboy

doughboy New Member

State:
    newcomerstown,ohio
    Well I say go fish anywhere any how you want. I have never fished a pay lake but if you want a partner I will give it a shot and I really dont care what others may think

20. ohiocattin15

ohiocattin15 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    when you find a good paylake like this one that i go to, which isn't really a pay lake that you could go to all of the time, this guy opens it up on saturday nights for a big fish of the hour for 6 hours and there are some monsters, its a blast and the fish aren't constantly fished for, just once a week