Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, here we go.

ALL of us, everyone of us, has furthered our knowledge of flatheading, directly due to the USCA being in existence. We ALL have learned so much about different tactics, received tons of advice on gear, had get togethers, met great friends, from this very website. You think about all the spots you have learned from everyone on here, and this site has made it all possible, and many of us would be fishing blindly, so to speak, without the USCA. We spend mucho amounts of money on gear, gas, bait, terminal tackle, rods, reels etc. None of this would have been possible without the USCA.

My personal conviction is I think that getting information, then not supporting the very foundation that has helped us catch our PBs, is information robbery. With all the money we spend on gear, we should be able to ATLEAST be able to donate ten stinking dollars for memberships, I think $40 is about perfect. Think about your PB's, think about your friends you have met, the get togethers, think about all the knowledge you have gained, is it worth at least ten bucks?

We are all strait up people, so it is time to get honest. I hear, and personally think, it is wrong for non-members (lurkers) to leach off information, then take off and never chat, or never say thank you to anyone. That pisses us all off, but is it any different for us to get all this information, advice, friends, and not support the Organization that made it all possible?

No, I do not know the owner of the USCA, but what I do know is, that this website costs money and tons of time to run. It is seriously time to step it up. If you are in financial hardship, let me know, we will get a special donation for you, and there are several people who will kick in money to get your star(s). So I ask us all, Self-evaluate, and think where you would be, how many less friends would you have, how many fish would you have not caught, and how much less about gear you would know about, if the USCA was never around to begin with?!?!?!?!

·
Registered
301 Posts
hi there,

going to toss my thots in.

i have been on the board since 05. have met lots of folks. been to gatherings out of state.

belive it or not....this place keeps me grounded. meaning that it lets me know that their are people out there that are not bad. (job stuff) i dont always post but stop by almost daily to see whats up.

have donated most years. its the least I can do for all the good things that have come to me from this site. I know im not a res of az...but im close.. lol hope to see some of you next week.

·
Registered
6,253 Posts
hi there,

going to toss my thots in.

i have been on the board since 05. have met lots of folks. been to gatherings out of state.

belive it or not....this place keeps me grounded. meaning that it lets me know that their are people out there that are not bad. (job stuff) i dont always post but stop by almost daily to see whats up.

have donated most years. its the least I can do for all the good things that have come to me from this site. I know im not a res of az...but im close.. lol hope to see some of you next week.
Hey Tim,, I agree,, Good post..
I'm hoping to wet a line over there during the gathering,, and ,, maybe bring a few from Inland waters, to see if there is really a river over there!!!LOL

G

·
Mine only took about 15 minutes. But I think it's when the webmaster or whoever sees the donation and then puts up the stars. So I don't think it's automatic right after donation, but I could be wrong, I have been before

·
Banned
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Let's keep this thread alive, all the people who are visitors, become members and support what you like doing, if you know nothing, this is the place to learn. If you know everything there is to know, then this is also the place to help out, we want to learn more and teach!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Let's keep this thread alive, all the people who are visitors, become members and support what you like doing, if you know nothing, this is the place to learn. If you know everything there is to know, then this is also the place to help out, we want to learn more and teach!
And make sure you are a strait catfishermen or they will try and run you off too!

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
GUEST, If you join the group this year, I assure you, you will see the value and perhaps become a star member. I hate seeing sometimes 4 members and 6 guests on the site. Do we have to use codes to keep proper info for members only! Join up!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.