Ok alotta people here

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by Naack, Jun 21, 2008.

1. Naack

Naack New Member

State:
    Irwin PA
    31 people 20 members and 11 guest or something like that .... thats the most ive seen in Ages... AND ITS 5 AM ?? what you guys doing lol i got off work at 330ish , you all getting back from the river? or did ya leave the PC on LOL..
    Just thought i would share that :big_smile:

2. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I just got in from work @ 4:30.

3. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    I've been a night owl since i was a kid. plus it took me two days to figure out how to post my pics and avatar. nobody said i was the brightest fella. going to make a trip out tonight to try my luck. looks like i will be goin it alone, haven't heard from my buddy since last weekend.

4. jconna

jconna New Member

State:
    PA
    Guess I'm addicted? :crazy:

5. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    The registered members don't bother me as the lurkers. You know, the ones that never post fishing reports or contribute to this forum. Unlike us, these people are the ones who like to find fishing spots on the internet.

6. jolie

jolie New Member

State:
    PA
    Nyaak,

if we weren't hardcore nite owls we wouldn't be into this sport:smile2:

I'm not worried about Lurkers. Pa has a small group of catters compared to most other states. The major Pennsylvania Rivers seem to have strong healthy populations of catfish.

What we lack IMHO is representation. A creel of 50 a day of any size tells the tale of what the fish commission is doing to protect trophy catfish populations!
    That's in part due to the fact, that just about everything else is more popular.

Heck, think of it. EVEN bluegill has more protection!!:eek:oooh::eek:oooh: (in the form of panfish enhancement lakes)

The best would be for lurkers to become members and for them to join in on on-line conservation efforts throughout the country. Once most of the country has protected catfish population PA is sure to get a clue!

Once you catch a trophy flathead IMHO I doubt very many people in the state would harvest it! Its more polluted than other fish and much more precious.

for the benefit of the lurkers it takes years and years to replace a 40# flathead in PA waters ; 20 years or more!! And lastly, when you catch a big'un (my PB IS only aprox. 15#), you will experience A fight like no other.

....So I say to the Lurkers, Welcome - Lets try to give catfish the prestige they Deserve. The only gamefish bigger (in PA) is musky. Release what you keep. and don't worry too much about spots. Be polite; and there's room to spare !!

Jason

7. Eithne

Eithne New Member

State:
    OK
    I find it's very easy for people to make assumptions from behind a computer. However, that doesn't make them right. The internet is a very scary place for some people and totally foreign for others. With all the horror stories you hear of identities being stolen and worse, I personally can't blame anyone who would lurk for a few weeks or even months before deciding to create an account. If I saw a post that criticized me for not jumping right in to a site I knew very little about, I'd close the window and never be back to take a second look. The BOC didn't become the largest and best catfishing club for nothing. What sets us apart is our member's willingness to share knowledge and information with total strangers, desire to set a good example for those who may not know any other way, and immediate acceptance of anyone who wishes to join this brotherhood. That's what makes us a family. I hope everyone sees that instead of the few who are only suspicious of their motives.

8. jolie

jolie New Member

State:
    PA
    couldn't agree more kristine,

somehow the "thanks" button doesn't do it for me. I REALLY appreciate the welcoming nature of the BOC.

I have been on forums where rude and offensive posts were par for the course. and that is another reason why people Might Lurk awhile before expressing themselves.

You guys have made me feel like part of a community and I appreciate that!:cool2:

ok, I know- I lot of 'love' going on in this thread. Spose I'm a bit of a hippie (even I'm not old enough to remember those days).
    Jason

9. Naack

Naack New Member

State:
    Irwin PA
    see today is the Norm when i get on at 330 am 5 people in PA chat 2 members an 3 guests , mabe it was a weekend but when i saw over 30 i was like WOW i dont mind people learking for a bit i didnt start this thread about that i was just amazed that their were 35 people in the PA thread lol... if we keep this up we might get close to the numbers of a bigger Catfishing state like NC or OK :cool2: