Oil n Water

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by BassMassey, Oct 13, 2008.

1. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    Well I got some rain water into my gallon container of quicksilver oil. There's about a half gallon of oil left in the container. Would it be safe to just pour the oil off the top and use it? or should i just throw the whole thing away?

2. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    if your on a very strict budget, then if water is pooled in bottem, seems to me the top part would be okay. but i love my motor and would just get some more oil to be safe. also make sure rain couldn't get into the container again. :embarassed:
    gary

3. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I think I'd get something like aquarium tubing and siphon the water off the bottom. You go tilting the container, your gonna have problems. Just siphon it until you get about 1/4 inch of oil out of the container. Should be Okay.

4. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    Turn the bottle on it's top and leave it awhile, and then just open the cap and pour the water out leaving the oil behind. Kind of the same principal when checking lower unit oil Later Andy

5. Trevor1

Trevor1 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    I'd get some new oil.

6. JAYNC

JAYNC Active Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    If it were me I would just get some different oil, powerheads are way to expensive to chance even a little water in your oil. As far as quicksilver oil is concerned, I'm tired of it, I'm going to put mobil 1 in my engine.

7. Old Bill

Old Bill New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    Me too! I wasted a riding mower motor when I got some gasoline in the oil! (Don't ask me how!)

Oil is too cheap to take a chance...IMHA.